Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Order

Options
  • 25-01-2014 5:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have just moved into rented accommodation.  

I ordered this product online:

OkEXpT9.png

I plugged in the modem and it was syncing at 3072 down.  I thought this was slow so I rang support.  They said the product I ordered was 3mbit.  What?! So I asked could I be moved to a faster unlimited package.  So she said yes, tested my line and that it was capable of 12mbit which meant she could put me on 7mbit.  Seriously, what?  As I need the line for work I just went ahead and it should be active in the next day.  

Can I please get what I paid for?  which is UPTO 24mbit.  Also she said it was going to be €40+ just for the broadband.  The offer os €35 for the first 6 months for everything.

Can you please investigate this for me?  I will PM my account number when requested etc.  It just seems a bit ridiculous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I have just moved into rented accommodation.  

I ordered this product online:

OkEXpT9.png

I plugged in the modem and it was syncing at 3072 down.  I thought this was slow so I rang support.  They said the product I ordered was 3mbit.  What?! So I asked could I be moved to a faster unlimited package.  So she said yes, tested my line and that it was capable of 12mbit which meant she could put me on 7mbit.  Seriously, what?  As I need the line for work I just went ahead and it should be active in the next day.  

Can I please get what I paid for?  which is UPTO 24mbit.  Also she said it was going to be €40+ just for the broadband.  The offer os €35 for the first 6 months for everything.

Can you please investigate this for me?  I will PM my account number when requested etc.  It just seems a bit ridiculous.
    Hi Slaanesh

This is the case if the area you are in is not upgraded to NGB (next generation broadband). The up to 24MB service only applies to NGB enabled areas.

You can PM me your number if you would like me to check if you are in a NGB area.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Al

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

PM'ed on the 27th, still awaiting a reply.

Thanks.

Thanks for taking my call Slaanesh

I'll be back to you tomorrow with further information surrounding efibre availability for you.

Thanks

Al

I'll be back to you tomorrow with further information surrounding efibre availability for you.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Was just wondering had you a chance to look into that?

Also, my brother in the village is on Eircom home turbo.  I am experience as low as 1Mbit/sec in the evenings.  He's getting over 10Mbit.  Is the home turbo package ration of contention less than the one I'm on?  I can't actually check online what package I'm on because the eircom page is erroring whenever I select my account for my house and not the other house.

Thanks.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Also, my brother in the village is on Eircom home turbo.  I am experience as low as 1Mbit/sec in the evenings.  He's getting over 10Mbit.  Is the home turbo package ration of contention less than the one I'm on?  I can't actually check online what package I'm on because the eircom page is erroring whenever I select my account for my house and not the other house.

Thanks.

Hi Slaanesh

You are not in an NGB area so the package in which you had applied for was not available (as in your brothers line). Your line was previously only qualifying for up to 7MB but I had requested the re-ttesting of this and I can now confirm your line can actually now hold up to 15MB.

You can now have the same package your brother has (home turbo) however there may be a higher cost and variance in contrast to the packeg you signed up to and have now. To explore your options on upgrading to this please contact our broadband sales depatment on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks.

Hi Slaanesh

You are not in an NGB area so the package in which you had applied for was not available (as in your brothers line). Your line was previously only qualifying for up to 7MB but I had requested the re-ttesting of this and I can now confirm your line can actually now hold up to 15MB.

You can now have the same package your brother has (home turbo) however there may be a higher cost and variance in contrast to the packeg you signed up to and have now. To explore your options on upgrading to this please contact our broadband sales depatment on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Did you get a chance to see when the Kilmessan exchange may be upgraded to an efibre?

Thanks.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks.

Hi Slaanesh

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Did you get a chance to see when the Kilmessan exchange may be upgraded to an efibre?

Thanks.
    Hi Slaanesh

I'm sorry to confirm that there are currently no plans to bring efibre to Kilmessan. I've discussed this with efibre operations who have advised me that would not expect Kilmessan to be done within the next 18 months. Sorry I could not offer better news.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement