Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Volkswagen mechanic in Limerick?

• 25-01-2014 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

My Passat is running like a pig (P0300 code) and needs some TLC. Anybody know who is the best VW mechanic in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ytrewq

Bump.

I'm interested in this also, even recommendations by PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

Anybody got any info? Not interested in going to the main dealer as its a total ripoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I'd recommend Seamus Mcgrath so, operates out of 12 Sexton street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

go to Crossroad motors off the Ballysimon road, they have worked on my VW over the years, have full diagnostics and excellent mechanics, very trustworthy and all my family and work mates use them, very flexible

Crossroad Motors
    Address: Toureen Ballysimon Co Limerick
    City of Limerick
    Phone: (061)330034

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

go to Crossroad motors off the Ballysimon road, they have worked on my VW over the years, have full diagnostics and excellent mechanics, very trustworthy and all my family and work mates use them, very flexible

Crossroad Motors
    Address: Toureen Ballysimon Co Limerick
    City of Limerick
    Phone: (061)330034

+1 for Crossroad Motors, Brendan has been fixing my cars and OH's vans for the past 8/9 years. Could not recommend them more highly. He is a magician the way he has pull me out of problems over the years.

• Advertisement

Ended up giving the car to Aidan Frahill he's still working on it, doesn't seem to be a straight forward fix...FML :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

Yeah I watched this video a few weeks back, some great info in it but so far Aidan is still working on the car. He has checked all the common problems such as plugs, coils, connections and still the problem exists. He has so far narrowed it down to injectors or ECU. Please God don't let it be the ECU. The part alone is €1,000 :eek:
    Volkswagen...MEH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

DOBBER112 wrote: »
    Yeah I watched this video a few weeks back, some great info in it but so far Aidan is still working on the car. He has checked all the common problems such as plugs, coils, connections and still the problem exists. He has so far narrowed it down to injectors or ECU. Please God don't let it be the ECU. The part alone is €1,000 :eek:
    Volkswagen...MEH

You havent seen the potential cost of modern diesel injectors yet I take it...
    Great machines tho, much less nasty CO2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Volkswagen...MEH
    sounds like something i had on a passat(b5.5 pd130), turned out to be the injector harness

• Advertisement

Turned out to be a faulty injector, car is running perfect since replacement part was fitted. Thanks to Aidan Frahill :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

Turned out to be a faulty injector, car is running perfect since replacement part was fitted. Thanks to Aidan Frahill :-)

The rest were grand so. Not too bad. How much for the part out of interest?

The rest were grand so. Not too bad. How much for the part out of interest?

€230 from Frank Hogans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

There is a Polish mechanic out in O'Briens Bridge who works with VW's..his name eludes me but i know he is supposed to be very good.

Advertisement