Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best weedkiller

• 25-01-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend the best weed killer to get rid of weeds growing between paving or patio slabs in the garden. Also with your suggested recommendation is it best to buy the weedkiller that comes in a spray bottle or the powder that you mix with water in the Jerry can or is there no difference between the two,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Roundup spray will work, as will other generic products containing the same active ingredient as Roundup.

If it is for the patio, if you sprinkle salt on the patio, it will kill everything. Nothing will grow there for a long time.

Boiling water will kill pretty much everything. Vinegar is toxic and will kill pretty much everything.

Somebody else may be able to tell you how all this might affect the environment.

I only know how to kill 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

+1 roundup is the best stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

Gallop 360 if you see it,half the price same job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i agree with gallop, best of the lot,, this time of yr it will take a long time for die back due to cold weather and little growth, but i used it in a very out of control place and it did the trick, place looking better, but as i say it will take it a long time before you see results, but results you will get

agree with goat results will be slow but normal for time of year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thanks folks. Where would they stock Gallop in Dublin. Would they have it in the likes of Woodies DIY or hardware stores? Cheers

http://www.nad.ie/

try these..

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

If you want to kill weeds use Pride or Roundup. If you want to kill moss buy a tub of clothes washing powder and sprinkle it over it. Wait for rain and no more moss

Advertisement