Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone to co-build a site with me !

Options
  • 25-01-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Im looking for someone to co-build a site with me (or il do one with them).
    Im also looking for good website ideas. Something unique and not too difficult, Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

what do you bring to the table?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

sheesh wrote: »
    You can pm me and we can talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

sheesh wrote: »

Looks like OP has no ideas for a site and no idea how to build it.

Looks like OP has no ideas for a site and no idea how to build it.

If you've nothing constructive to say then don't post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Maybe set some expectations first?
    • Whats your level of coding?
    • Is it paid work?
    • Are you looking to make something commercially viable, or just looking for experience?

If you're only looking to learn from someone, maybe state that up front? If any of the devs on here are like me, their time is at a premium, and not given over lightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

Im looking for someone to co-build a site with me (or il do one with them).
    Im also looking for good website ideas. Something unique and not too difficult, Thanks.

Hmm, still looking for an incentive to build a site?

Ok I have a unique novelty idea for you...

Its called Motel Vault

Its a front page grid - boxes representing rooms available to book. (free)

Rooms are booked for a 6month period, extended stays available (free) with an email sent giving 1 months notice, this keeps users returning.

Anyone that books a room gets to use the Hotels Vault. (free)

The vault can be used to store your most precious items like, phones, tablets, laptops, jewelry, work tools etc... It should have different categories for items and a photo upload system.

The vault is a back-end script and only viewable to the user(guest staying at the Hotel)

Why use the vault?

The vault is used to keep a record of personal belongings - in the event that they are lost or stolen, descriptions/serial numbers and photos could be printed off etc.. and used where appropriate for reference.

You could think about adding a Recently Lost/Stolen page... but I wouldn't do that just yet... or rather not on the same domain name.

Again its just a novelty idea and at a later stage, apps and possible an auction site could come out...

If your interested a starting point could be to reverse-engineer an open source auction script so that nothing is show to the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

^^^ That's actually a pretty good idea for a site.

Edit: Might need a mobile app 'though. Buy an expensive item, take pictures of it and the receipts and warranty detail. Upload the lot to the service.

myIdea wrote: »
    Hmm, still looking for an incentive to build a site?

Ok I have a unique novelty idea for you...

Its called Motel Vault

Its a front page grid - boxes representing rooms available to book. (free)

Rooms are booked for a 6month period, extended stays available (free) with an email sent giving 1 months notice, this keeps users returning.

Anyone that books a room gets to use the Hotels Vault. (free)

The vault can be used to store your most precious items like, phones, tablets, laptops, jewelry, work tools etc... It should have different categories for items and a photo upload system.

The vault is a back-end script and only viewable to the user(guest staying at the Hotel)

Why use the vault?

The vault is used to keep a record of personal belongings - in the event that they are lost or stolen, descriptions/serial numbers and photos could be printed off etc.. and used where appropriate for reference.

You could think about adding a Recently Lost/Stolen page... but I wouldn't do that just yet... or rather not on the same domain name.

Again its just a novelty idea and at a later stage, apps and possible an auction site could come out...

If your interested a starting point could be to reverse-engineer an open source auction script so that nothing is show to the general public.

That's a pretty good idea. Have you started working on this or anything yet ?

Phoebas wrote: »
    ^^^ That's actually a pretty good idea for a site.
    Really.. I thought it was quite silly and thought how hard it would be to get users to use it...

That's a pretty good idea. Have you started working on this or anything yet ?

Just a domain name... its in the back of mind for months... my heart just isn't in to making sites anymore... regardless of my idea's

• Advertisement

Really.. I thought it was quite silly and thought how hard it would be to get users to use it...

Think about someone going on holidays, They'd leave their stuff in the vault and know that theyre stuff is safe !

Phoebas wrote: »

Edit: Might need a mobile app 'though. Buy an expensive item, take pictures of it and the receipts and warranty detail. Upload the lot to the service.

Yep... I mentioned the app part... no rush on that though... get the sites functions working first.

Its a pretty simple idea and solves a problem that actually exists (I've got a drawer full of receipts for stuff that, for example, would be destroyed with my goods if I had a house fire). Its also a pretty universal problem so it'd have potentially very large reach.

I've certainly seen worse ideas that have gone on to succeed.

Only problem would be setting up the actual vaults in different countries (if this got big). It would take alot of time and work

Only problem would be setting up the actual vaults in different countries (if this got big). It would take alot of time and work

I don't think your getting the concept. There are no actual vaults.

Language files - - just help translating those, no biggie

Language files - - just help translating those, no biggie
    Well i guess not !! Anyways good idea. Would you not think about seriously doing it though ?

Advertisement