Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Violife vegan cheese

Options
  • 25-01-2014 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Anyone tried this? I got some in the Health Store in Dundrum - I really like it! It's very mild, texture a bit like Emmenthal. Looking forward to trying it in a toasted sandwich.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I got the Violife 'cheddar cheese' block in the Health Store in Stillorgan. I liked the mild taste, and proceeded to eat half the pack... But afterwards I read the nutritional information more carefully and was alarmed that that half pack = 33% of my recommended fat intake for the day! Well, coconut oil is the second ingredient. After a bit of research this seems like a normal amount for vegan cheese. I'd better be more restraint in next time I dive in!

I probably wouldn't buy it again - it's almost too mild a taste for me. I've become accustomed to the strong Cheezly Soy Free Cheddar Style 'cheese' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

I got the Violife 'cheddar cheese' block in the Health Store in Stillorgan. I liked the mild taste, and proceeded to eat half the pack... But afterwards I read the nutritional information more carefully and was alarmed that that half pack = 33% of my recommended fat intake for the day! Well, coconut oil is the second ingredient. After a bit of research this seems like a normal amount for vegan cheese. I'd better be more restraint in next time I dive in!

I probably wouldn't buy it again - it's almost too mild a taste for me. I've become accustomed to the strong Cheezly Soy Free Cheddar Style 'cheese' :D

Yep, it's fatty, it's not a replacement for cheese in a protein way, but it's an enjoyable alternative. Half al pack is probably twice as much as I'd eat in a sandwich, so not too bad really. I had about a quarter of a pack today and that was plenty!

Advertisement