Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Q??

Options
  • 25-01-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

In the middle of looking back over Middle Ages for first time since 1st year, and I have a probably stupid question which I can't figure out! So, was wondering if anyone here can help.

The Feudal Pyramin goes:
    1. King
    2. Baron
    3. Knight
    4. Peasant/Serf

So, the king rents land to the baron, baron is a vassal to the king, etc. But, when I was doing the People In History Q for the Knight, it talks about him being a page/squire with a Lord of a Castle.

My question is, who is the Lord of the Castle? Where does he fit into all this?

I realise that he would be in charge of the the castle, but the king owned all the land, so is the Lord a Baron? Basically, who is the Lord of the Castle?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

The lord of the castle is the one who fosters the page/squire to become a knight. He would financially support it

Advertisement