Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle not charging

• 25-01-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Santa brought a Kindle paperwhite as a xmas present for my son. I have charged it a number of times for hi but today was the first time he used it until it completely ran out of charge. I have tried recharging it the way I normally do by plugging it in via usb to the mac but it won't charge up. Its getting power because I can see the little light on the device light up when its plugged into the USB.

Any ideas ? I bought it from Amazon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Contact amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ref=hp_kin_ss_comp_cu?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200487800

They will either tell you what to do, or arrange a replacement. Customer service is usually good.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Zackdickensdog

I have the first generation kindle and it can take quite a while to come back to life if completely flat, so give it an hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I have the first generation kindle and it can take quite a while to come back to life if completely flat, so give it an hour or so.

An hour minimum. I'd leave it plugged in over night and it should come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

When you do get it charged up again, turn off the wifi (turn ON airplane mode in settings) as it guzzles power, especially if it keeps trying to connect and can't. This is my experience anyway.

Advertisement