Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate that doesn't go hard in the fridge

Options
  • 25-01-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hey there,
    I'm making a cheesecake and the recipe calls for placing chocolate in the cheesecake before baking it
    The cheesecake is then to be put in the fridge but I'm trying to figure out what what's the best chocolate I could use so I don't have rock hard lumps of chocolate in the finished cheesecake

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

teddy b123 wrote: »
    Hey there,
    I'm making a cheesecake and the recipe calls for placing chocolate in the cheesecake before baking it
    The cheesecake is then to be put in the fridge but I'm trying to figure out what what's the best chocolate I could use so I don't have rock hard lumps of chocolate in the finished cheesecake

Any ideas?

Hi Teddy, I'm not sure if this will be of any help but Philadelpiha have a spreadable chocolate out at the moment. They are partnered up with cadburys. There is actually a cheesecake recipe for this spread, that's why I thought of it. It's yummy as well!
    Philadelphia%20with%20Cadbury?RefQuery=ZGVwdGg9MSZjYXRlZ29yeUlkPTIyNzAmcHJvdmlkZXI9ezAzMUFDQTU0LTE1NzMtNDNEOS05MTk2LTcxQUExQjhFMzM4NH0%3d&p=2188&provider={D193998A-4A6D-4EA5-BAA8-209357B27A09}&categoryId=2270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I think you actually want it to go hard in the fridge, so when you're baking it the chocolate takes extra time to melt and you still have visible chunks in your finished cheesecake. You won't end up with rock hard lumps in the cheesecake, the time in the oven will take care of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

thanks for the replys!
    I tried the cadbury's philidelphia but i found it tasted rank.

It will be going in the fridge after it is baked and I've always found the chocolate turns rock hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

The trouble is that real chocolate does go hard, the only way round it is to use some kind of chocolate substitute if you really don't want it to be hard. Or to take the cheesecake out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature before you eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Thanks for the advice guys.
    I ended up going for some chocolate from o'connaill's in cork.
    I grated it and then squashed it back together before putting it in the cake. Seemed to work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement