Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QFA Results

Options
  • 25-01-2014 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Apologies, I know it's another QFA thread.

For anyone who sat QFA exams over the last few weeks, when would they expect to receive their results? I can't see it on the website anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Right So

AltAccount wrote: »
    Apologies, I know it's another QFA thread.

For anyone who sat QFA exams over the last few weeks, when would they expect to receive their results? I can't see it on the website anywhere.

look under EXAMS/ LECTURES/ RESULTS/ ENROL then select the module you did - it'll tell you the date. About 3 weeks or so for provisional result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

I don't have those links on my site (iob.ie), but thanks for the 3 week info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Munster1965

14th feb pre lim results rtified 28th feb

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

Anyone here do the regulation exam a few weeks ago? What did you think? Im a bit nervous about the result next week!!

Yes I did it aswell. It was my first one and I haven't done exams in years. I was fine, till I went in and other people were saying it was their 2nd or 3rd time sitting it. But I worked hard and I feel I did ok and passed. About 10 questions at least I just winged it as i hadn't a clue, even though i should have known them (it was the way they asked it). The rest I felt I read them ok. But even while studying " reading the question" properly was my downfall - so I probably bummed another 10 there. and then another 10 that I have no clue that I got wrong!!

I am guessing the people who were leaving early (loads) after only 45 mins or an hour, were probably not reading the questions properly and will probably have to resit it.!!! That made me feel better as I only had about 15 mins to spare at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

I was the same, I did the exam paper in about an hour and re read all the questions to make sure i made no mistakes, i answered 97 out of 100 and I am pretty confident I passed. This was my fifth exam and have Financial planning next up in May, I find it hard why people would have to sit 2/3 times considering the cost of the exam to either them or their employer!! I also noticed the mass exodus after 45 mins or so and was amazed, This was not the easiest or the hardest exam I thought though, Pensions is possibly the hardest of the MCQ exam of the 5 I did.I wish you the best of luck in the next ones your doing right so, If I was you I would do Loans and Life assurance together next as some of the information does over lap quite a bit, Also good luck next friday!!...

Ok, Good. - I was wondering which really was the hardest, so I might need to put more time into pensions. People kept saying regulations was the hardest, which I found hard to believe as the topics were so broad. I am glad I did regulations first as it gave me an overall view of what I was facing, study-wise. I really have no clue about pensions or investments, so I'm booked in to do those in September. So I am hoping to build my confidence with Life and Loans next, I'm so glad that you agree. Thanks for your support. Good luck to you too!

Ok. Regulation results are out! 79 % so it looks like I got 16 questions wrong. I answered them all, including those 10 that I had no clue of. I am beginning to wonder whether I should have "educated guessed" those questions at all, as answering these 10 wrong cost me an extra 3 %. (How petty am I?) The other 6, I'm not sure of, I must have misread or mis-learned!!! Ah no, I am happy enough, as I was probably more worried about passing, as it was my first exam in years. For the next test, I might be more discerning about going back over the test to "educated guess" (Not) those "doggy" ones if its going to cost me points. Lesson learned... Next!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

3 x passes (but not by much!! :eek:)!

WOOT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Just got my results there 65% in regulation, to be perfectly honest, I thought it was a coin flip whether I would pass or not. didnt answer 23 questions so had a possible 77%. Delighted. That was the last of the multiple choice for me so onto Financial Planning now.

• Advertisement

Hi IK09 - So do you think it might be a good Idea to not answer the ones that you are not sure of ?? Also tell us, now that your an "expert" LOL - what was the hardest, Or what was the trickiest module for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Cynortas

hi all i passed my life assurance exam there today i got 72% i was wondering does any one have a pdf copy of pensions exam or investments as i have signed up to both today but want to get a head start on the studying many thanks :D

Oh - Well done on great result on your Life paper - I know what you mean in trying to get ahead or at least seeing whats ahead of you LOL - I am not able to attach the paper to your private email - Doh - just dont know how???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Right So wrote: »
    Hi IK09 - So do you think it might be a good Idea to not answer the ones that you are not sure of ?? Also tell us, now that your an "expert" LOL - what was the hardest, Or what was the trickiest module for you.

Some of them you can kinda "narrow-down" to a right answer, rather than knowing the right answer. I took some gambles in regulation. The ones I had no clue of at all, I didnt answer. I dunno if its a good idea or a bad idea, but it worked for me.

I found regulation the hardest, just because the study was so arduous. It is terribly boring. As regards, technical knowledge Pensions has the most, but i enjoyed it as im working in pensions and could really see what i was learning being used in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jpsz

hi
    Anyone got their results? i'm sill waiting.

Well - did you get your results??

no results yet

No definitely something wrong - did you check your emails for a problem, are you looking in the right place after you log on. They are out for everyone else as far as I know - you should telephone them directly. There were some problems last week but they got them fixed in time for last Friday. It could be a simple thing like you put the wrong reference on the paper or something. You poor thing, the waiting is terrible.

Just rang them, my results are due on the 28th Feb (I had the last written exam - financial planning). Thanks for you reply Right so

Advertisement