Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebook mobi to ipad

• 25-01-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

All my books in mobi format on laptop and kindle. Need to get them on ipad.

Do I need to convert to a diff format?
    Best way to transfer them to ipad?
    Best viewed through kindle app / iBooks / other?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

donglen wrote: »
    All my books in mobi format on laptop and kindle. Need to get them on ipad.

Do I need to convert to a diff format?
    Best way to transfer them to ipad?
    Best viewed through kindle app / iBooks / other?

Best viewed on kindle according to my missus
    Wouldn't use ipad in a fit after getting kindle last year
    I think the only books you can view in the kindle app are ones purchased on Amazon
    ePub format I think for iBooks
    Mobi for kindle
    I would attach the relevant format to an email
    Send it
    When opened by the recipient oniPad I think it would as if you wanted to open it in kindle app or iBooks if it was possible
    Maybe dropbox might help
    Very wishy washy answer but since she got the kindle the ipad is never used for reading
    Someone else will be of more help I hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Upload via Google Play books on laptop and view via Google Play Books app on iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Or this website will convert directly from mobi to ePub:

http://ebook.online-convert.com/convert-to-epub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭steadyeddie08

Calibre is a free software that will convert any format and add to your ipad. Never had any problem using it for lots of different devices.

Eddie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

If you have a amazon kindle account you will have a kindle email address. If you email your existing .mobi books to it they will then all be accessible online from the iPad kindle app or from you kindle reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Thanks all, some very helpful suggestions here. Shall review to see what works for me.
    :)

Advertisement