Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic / Mould Manufacture.

Options
  • 25-01-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys I hope all is well.
    This might be the wrong place to ask this so please correct me if I am wrong.
    I'm a qualified engineer and I want to bring one of my designs to market, but in order to do this I need a plastic case manufactured to hold a PCB (Electric device inside)
    Does anyone know how I would get one manufactured? Or where to start looking, (I'll do the work, I just need to be pointed in the right direction)
    I thought it would be like a plastic mould injection but every search I have done has led me to a dead end..
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

G_G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Hi guys I hope all is well.
    This might be the wrong place to ask this so please correct me if I am wrong.
    I'm a qualified engineer and I want to bring one of my designs to market, but in order to do this I need a plastic case manufactured to hold a PCB (Electric device inside)
    Does anyone know how I would get one manufactured? Or where to start looking, (I'll do the work, I just need to be pointed in the right direction)
    I thought it would be like a plastic mould injection but every search I have done has led me to a dead end..
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

G_G

If you can be more specific on the type of plastic manufacturer you need I should be able to give you a pointer. There's lots of companies in ireland doing different processes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Athlone extrusions produce sheet not injection moulded products. See plastics and toolmaking on page 2 of this link for a list of the main players http://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/Source-a-Product-or-Service-from-Ireland/Sector-and-Company-Directories/Engineering-Sector-Profile.pdf and another great Irish company strangely not listed http://www.thormac.ie

Cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 10 guessing_game

Thanks guys this is brilliant...
    I'll be updating you guys in the up coming months about the design, and the stress's of it.
    hahahaha
    Thanks again.
    G_G

Athlone extrusions produce sheet not injection moulded products. See plastics and toolmaking on page 2 of this link for a list of the main players http://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/Source-a-Product-or-Service-from-Ireland/Sector-and-Company-Directories/Engineering-Sector-Profile.pdf and another great Irish company strangely not listed http://www.thormac.ie

Cheers

Peter

Thats a really good link. I'm surprised thormac is not on it. A friend came accross them at an event. He was already set up in China but they offered to price his product anyway. They were surprisingly competitive. Rotofab in Athlone is not on it either. They are excellent when it comes to rotational moulding

• Advertisement

Thanks guys this is brilliant...
    I'll be updating you guys in the up coming months about the design, and the stress's of it.
    hahahaha
    Thanks again.
    G_G

Please do. I would be interested to hear. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

It is an absolute disgrace that this Entreprise Ireland database of Irish production capabilities is so hopelessly out of date and is not at all comprehensive. It has details of companies long since ceased trading, moved premises etc etc. these are all EI supposed clients.
    I actually brought this to the attention of Minister Richard Bruton at the time of the launch of www.connectireland.com scheme where Irish people can be rewarded for bringing new overseas investmernts into Ireland.
    I suggested that some overseas companies might be only interested in a Joint Venture wirth a local Irish compamny. To do this this database would need updating to reflect the current company population and capability scope!! Nothing was done desite his assurances.

Advertisement