Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl in Cork City Centre?

Options
  • 25-01-2014 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi,

I saw a sign today saying lidl coming soon near TK Maxx in cork city centre i am real excited about this huge fan of their prices and being a student be very handy to have near by. Anyone know when it might be coming or think?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Don't know the time scale but I thought Aldi had received planning permission for a shop in the same llocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

As far as i know it was speculated that Aldi were taking the big unit in the elysian complex

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Don't know the time scale but I thought Aldi had received planning permission for a shop in the same llocation.

It was Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Building work in possess.
    Normally not long till opening.

evilivor wrote: »
    It was Lidl.

So it was.
    I found the thread I started on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I thought Lidl were going into Cornmarket St and Aldi are going into the Elysian?

Faith wrote: »
    I thought Lidl were going into Cornmarket St and Aldi are going into the Elysian?

Correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

Correct.

Hi Thanks for getting back great to hear that i didnt know there might be a aldi as well lidl coming soon even better hope not long more open :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

What will the parking situation be with aldi in the Elysian ? As far as I know the covered parking is for the likes of euro medic , (which you now have to pay for )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

We moved into the Elysian last week and the agent didn't know what the parking situation would be. It gets busy enough with euromedic at times.

• Advertisement

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    We moved into the Elysian last week and the agent didn't know what the parking situation would be. It gets busy enough with euromedic at times.

Is aldi already there now ?

Is aldi already there now ?

No. We were told when signing the lease that it had attained permission to open a store and we just enquired where people would park. It'll be handy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

I have never seen the public car park any where near full, there are in excess of 300 spaces in the public car park if I remember. So are ye enjoying the place, I have been here a number of years now love it still. The manager at reception should be able to tell you what the situation will be, but unlike euro medic I don't really see people driving to Aldi, it would be in my opinion aimed more at the local city centre population.

Yep we're enjoying it alright. I was a bit skeptical about how soundproof etc it would be but it's super quiet in the apartments. We have neighbours all around us and we can't hear a peep. It's a big step up for us space-wise which is great. I didn't expect it to be as populated as it is either, it always looked empty to me! Happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Yep we're enjoying it alright. I was a bit skeptical about how soundproof etc it would be but it's super quiet in the apartments. We have neighbours all around us and we can't hear a peep. It's a big step up for us space-wise which is great. I didn't expect it to be as populated as it is either, it always looked empty to me! Happy out.

Ya its almost half full now, big change from when I moved in in 2009, there was no one here, but thankfully they have kept the place well. It's very quiet I only have one neighbour thankfully lol. Will be great when Aldi move in. Hope you continue to enjoy living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Hi,

I saw a sign today saying lidl coming soon near TK Maxx in cork city centre i am real excited about this huge fan of their prices and being a student be very handy to have near by. Anyone know when it might be coming or think?:D

28th Feb is apparently open day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

1 customer & 200 guards !!!!

Not the best location compared to city center Cornmarket in my opinion.

BrianJD wrote: »
    28th Feb is apparently open day.

Oh that great should not be long more so time going fast as well is that lidl and aldi or just lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

It looks a very small unit for a lidl store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

vince wrote: »
    It looks a very small unit for a lidl store

It's a 25,000 sq ft store in the basement of the centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

that lidl will be perfect for people in the city,, about time that those stupid tesco quese's will be challenged... Perfect cheap as chips groceries,, tescos are ****ting themselves im telling ya

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

heard one of the store owners in a shop under TKmax a few weeks ago say that it was Aldi that were opening there.

scuby wrote: »
    heard one of the store owners in a shop under TKmax a few weeks ago say that it was Aldi that were opening there.

Mistaken. There are big Lidl opening soon signs up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

it'll be great for the city centre to have a Lidl. that tesco, paul street is a disgrace.

small, filthy and never enough checkouts open. No other options though in the city centre after 6pm. Lidl usually open until 9pm Mon-Sat

it'll be great for the city centre to have a Lidl. that tesco, paul street is a disgrace.

small, filthy and never enough checkouts open. No other options though in the city centre after 6pm. Lidl usually open until 9pm Mon-Sat

I cant wait for lidl to open up really excited i am, any idea when aldi be opening up that somewhere else in town beside euromedic place or something is it?

Mistaken. There are big Lidl opening soon signs up there.

fair enough....just SAID what I HEARD.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

I cant wait for lidl to open up really excited i am, any idea when aldi be opening up that somewhere else in town beside euromedic place or something is it?

'Excited':D Your easy to please;)

farmerjj wrote: »
    'Excited':D Your easy to please;)

Lol i know very easy to please haha suppose being a student and live in the town be great place me to shop save some money i am sick being ripped off in dunnes and tesco :)

scuby wrote: »
    fair enough....just SAID what I HEARD.... :rolleyes:

Fair enough.
    Just let you know what you heard was incorrect.... :rolleyes:

Why are you shouting?

• Advertisement

Fair enough.
    Just let you know what you heard was incorrect.... :rolleyes:

Why are you shouting?

i'll be sure and tell the shop owner, next time i'm passing, that he was "mistaken" :rolleyes:

Advertisement