Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea and delivery

Options
  • 25-01-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

I need to get some stuff in Ikea and was just wondering if there's someone who collects from Ikea and delivers to Cork?
    Or would I be better off renting a van?

I know the (ikea) cost for delivery to Cork is €120, but I would still have to go there to pick out the goods - a double journey seems a waste.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Have PM'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

interested in any info on this also

• Registered Users Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No affilitation , but have used these http://happyflatpacks.com/ a few times. Sound out guys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I need to get some stuff in Ikea and was just wondering if there's someone who collects from Ikea and delivers to Cork?
    Or would I be better off renting a van?

I know the (ikea) cost for delivery to Cork is €120, but I would still have to go there to pick out the goods - a double journey seems a waste.
    Thanks!

There are mountains of "man with a van" ads that will collect and deliver from ikea. Just google ikea delivery cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

There are mountains of "man with a van" ads that will collect and deliver from ikea. Just google ikea delivery cork.

Was just hoping to get a recommendation! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I travel to Cork (Douglas) almost every Friday, I would happily collect stuff for you provided it fits in a car :)
    Edit - just realised you mention a van so perhaps you have a lot to get ...

kingtut wrote: »
    I travel to Cork (Douglas) almost every Friday, I would happily collect stuff for you provided it fits in a car :)
    Edit - just realised you mention a van so perhaps you have a lot to get ...

You are so kind to offer. I actually need a few presses and there's no way I would ask anybody to collect them for me.
    But thank you so very much!:D

You are so kind to offer. I actually need a few presses and there's no way I would ask anybody to collect them for me.
    But thank you so very much!:D

You're welcome, the offer still stands regardless :)
    Must try those swedish meatballs some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TK 001

Hi There, I am on the same search as Misseyelliot2... need to get 4 small items from IKEA to Cork. Used happyflatpack to bring the last load but not v happy with service (items missing and no quote for doing it until had no choice but to pay) does anyone know of another co doing that run regularly please? Or did anyone have a better experience with another co (used happyflatpack in 2007 and was brill but not this time!)would very much appreciate any advice... many thanks...

TK 001 wrote: »
    Hi There, I am on the same search as Misseyelliot2... need to get 4 small items from IKEA to Cork. Used happyflatpack to bring the last load but not v happy with service (items missing and no quote for doing it until had no choice but to pay) does anyone know of another co doing that run regularly please? Or did anyone have a better experience with another co (used happyflatpack in 2007 and was brill but not this time!)would very much appreciate any advice... many thanks...

Hi there TK001 - just to say I got Happyflatpack and got a delivery in the past two weeks. I had a completely different experience to you. I filled in my order online on the happyflatpack website, so I knew exactly how much it would cost. It was a really painfree transaction and I would definitely use them again. I can imagine that it may not be worth your while, if you are only ordering a few small items, but maybe you could team up with someone else who would like to order? It would cut down on your delivery costs.

• Advertisement

Thanks Misseyelliot2... yes I had a great experience with them in 2007 too but this time they did not reply to my request and couldn't get answer by phone either so all by text at last minute and not great overall. I will need to buy a good few larger items over the coming weeks as well as this lot to finish the kitchen (sigh!) so am stuck looking again.. thanks a million for your reply and glad that you had a good experience! All the best...

What part of Cork are you looking for delivery to TK001 ?
    If your items fit in a car I would gladly collect them for you as I travel to Cork from Dublin almost every Friday.

Kingtut, that is very kind of you really. But it would mean going in and picking the items too ... a door for a kitchen unit plus hinges and also 2 small blinds so not just a drive by! I was looking for someone who does it commercially and so is in there anyway. Thanks a million though, that is such a kind offer...cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 remq

Hi kingtut,
    How much will you take to get some items from ikea and delivery to cork? I need some childrens item, thanks

Advertisement