Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Area to live between city centre and Tallaght...

Options
  • 25-01-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I work in the city centre and my friend works in Tallaght hospital. We currently live in town but the commute is too long for her as she works long hours.

Can anybody recommend an area where we could live? On the bus route to town, and she is buying a car and doesnt mind a ten minute drive ( non rush hour ).

Im clueless! Thanks guys xxxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭maneno

Maybe walkinstown?10min drive will be a push though,would be ideal as both of you can use luas to your respective destination
    SATSUMA wrote: »
    Hi all,

I work in the city centre and my friend works in Tallaght hospital. We currently live in town but the commute is too long for her as she works long hours.

Can anybody recommend an area where we could live? On the bus route to town, and she is buying a car and doesnt mind a ten minute drive ( non rush hour ).

Im clueless! Thanks guys xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Walkinstown or Crumlin.
    Drimnagh, Tempelogue or Terenure?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

maneno wrote: »
    Maybe walkinstown?10min drive will be a push though,would be ideal as both of you can use luas to your respective destination

Walkinstown isn't on the Luas line - most of the residential parts of it are about a 20min walk away from the nearest stop at Kylemore. If they only wanted a 10min drive, they definitely wouldn't want a 20min walk, followed by a 15-20min Luas journey... It is served by a lot of bus routes though (9, 77a, 27, 56a, 54a, 150).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Crumlim is about half way between town and D24. Good transport links, shopping, amenities etc.

Advertisement