Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Shoegaze Band

Options
  • 25-01-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey, I'm Oisín, I'm 18 and living out around Blanchardstown. Looking to get a shoegaze band going influenced by My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive. I have some rough demos here that I made with my brother.[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/21158766" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /] These were fairly loose jams but there are the makings of some good songs here.

Age wise, I'm not too fussed. Would prefer people around my own age but it doesn't really matter. Same with where you're living. As lomg as it's Dublin or you can to Dublin fairly handily I'm not too bothered. Just want to get a good, noisy, fuzzed up band together ASAP. PM if interested. And if the demos didn't embed here's the link https://soundcloud.com/oisinoneillshoegazedemos

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oisinoneill95

Bump.

Looking for a bassist and a drummer.

Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Best of luck with getting a band together! I think It's cool that you have a passion for Shoegaze. I personally think Slowdive are miles better than MBV... but just my opinion though.

Just played your stuff there and you're very talented. Start listening to some post-rock to evolve your sound even further, especially GY!BE who are a very talented post-rock band ( Efrim Menuck is a God ) what they can do with guitars (and screwdriver effects) +violins is frighting.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I think I might just prefer Slowdive too. As for post rock, I haven't listened to Godspeed yet but have been meaning too. I am into stuff like Sigur Rós and Mogwai though. You can do some crazy things with guitars with enough messing about!

Thanks again.

bump. Bassist needed.

• Advertisement

Bumpy bump bump.....

Advertisement