Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sauer 200 tr

• 25-01-2014 11:48pm

hello anybody using one of these? looking at one in 6.5x55 second hand, be used for some targets, long range greycrows and the odd bambi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Probably okay if you're buying here, but if it's come from any of the Nordic countries, I'd check the barrel out. They're very popular as competition rifles for both domestic rapid fire shooting and ISSF 300m shooting, so if it's been well loved there it could be toast.

its in athlone, anything I could check?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

its in athlone, anything I could check?

Best bet would be a borescope to check out the barrel, but if the riflle's coming from here it's unlikely to have been used to destruction. If the action is smooth and tight and the gun is overall in good condition it should be safe. Maybe see can you try it out to make sure it shoots well. Meant to be a nice rifle though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've owned and used it's cousin the Sauer 205 in 6.5x55. I'm assuming they are pretty much the same rifle. Here are a few pros and cons that relate to the 205 and might be applicable to the 200.

Pros
    • In credibly accurate. With factory ammo out to 800 yards.
    • Super stock. The best i've ever used including custom ones.
    • 10 round mag. Speaks for itself
    • Comes with peep/aperture sights on the front.
    • Clean and very smooth action.
    • Multi positional stock. Butt pad, and cheek riser adjusts.

Cons
    • Outdated rifle. Even Sauer don't do parts for them.
    • Heavy. Weighs in at over 12lb with scope.
    • Stock prone to cracking at thumb grip.
    • Can be ammo fussy.

As said this is very specific to the Sauer 205, but they are closely related in terms of design, caliber, etc. HJowever if it's coming at the right price then i'd jump on it. In fact i was only looking at two Sauer 205 in the last 3 days. One a little dear, but the other is very cheap (€500) and both in 6.5x55.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

....the Nordic countries,......domestic rapid fire shooting........

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pK8fSVuxVaU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭16 bore

Staklums has sauer 205 target Rifle in 6.5x55 I believe they are selling it cheap to shift it only around 800 rounds fired through it.
    Looks to be in perfect condition.

16 bore wrote: »
    Staklums has sauer 205 target Rifle in 6.5x55 I believe they are selling it cheap to shift it only around 800 rounds fired through it.
    Looks to be in perfect condition.
    Seen it. Nice gun but:
    Cass wrote: »
    In fact i was only looking at two Sauer 205 in the last 3 days. One a little dear, but the other is very cheap (€500) and both in 6.5x55.
    I've already asked about it, and the price is too high. They took it as a trade when prices were good, but due to it being an outdated rifle, and the money it owes the shop the price they are asking is too high in the years it's there.

I know, and have dealt with Sean for years (sound as they come), and he put across a good argument on my behalf, but there was no changing their minds (management) on the price. So i left it. They were looking almost three times the money of the exact same rifle i seen in another dealers. The other rifle is actually my old one. Never sold after i traded it so i was very interested in buying it back, but something else came up. Other than that i'd have had it in a heart beat.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Where did you see the other rifles?

I;ve sent it in a PM to you as i don't want to sound like an advertisement for a business.

Cass wrote: »
    I;ve sent it in a PM to you as i don't want to sound like an advertisement for a business.

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement