Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasses for Fashion

• 26-01-2014 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put in but anyway...

Basically I look really good wearing glasses. I feel really confident wearing them and I often get compliments about how good I look in them.
    However there is one problem- I have 20-20 vision. My aunt is manager of an opticians and I used to get extremely low prescription glasses however this used to lead to massive headaches and on doctor's orders I stopped wearing them

Excuse my ignorance but is there anywhere I could get glasses that wouldnt give me a headache? ie no prescription.

PS I know this seems materialistic but I've had major issues with self-esteem in the past and glasses kind of solved some of these problems.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Have you asked your aunt about buying the display glasses, i.e. ones with just clear glass, no prescription? Shouldn't be a problem.
    It's not materialistic or vain, some people just look good wearing glasses! You shouldn't feel you have to justify it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

You are able to buy glasses with no power in them. The lenses are called Plano lenses.

Advertisement