Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S930 Problem

Options
  • 26-01-2014 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi

I have a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S930 Digital Camera and It makes a shutter noise but acts like it is stuck and has a mark on the screen when I look at the images and videos. I can't take pictures with it anymore but it still works.

It has a SanDisk memory stick Pro Duo 2gb memory card. I only had it a few months when it stopped working and the card looks brand new. As it is one of these cards and not the normal SD cards that usually comes with cameras I can't insert it into my laptop I have to connect with the camera. This is where the error happens...

When I connect the camera with the usb a red light flickers on the camera and eventually turns off but the camera stays connected and on.

I have tried copying a video (avi. file)to the laptop but it only gets to 48% and then stops and crashes the program. When I try to play the video I want on the pc with multiple programs and on the camera it only plays about a minute and then it stops and the programs crash. When I play it on camera it plays a minute and then prints an error in file message. When I remove the camera the laptop goes back to normal.

What i'd like to know is.. Is the camera the problem or the card?
    If its the camera, can I get some sort of usb adaptor for this type of card? and is there anywhere I could go get the avi. file put on a disk?

Cheers :D
    Tagged:

Advertisement