Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

query on boiler

Options
  • 26-01-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hello,

My friend has recently bought a.new solid fuel boiler for his house. He is currently storing the old boiler with the intention of putting it into his parents house at some stage.

What I am wondering is now that he has drained water out of the back boiler part of the stove will it corrode inside. I have suggested to him that he should even fill it with a mix of corrosion inhibitor and water and leave it in it until he will be using it again.

What do u think and if he should you inhibitor what would you recommend and mixing ratio.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

As long as its in a dry place and properly drained, it will dry out and be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭happylad

Thanks for your help on this.

Advertisement