Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedestrian crossing Dunboyne Road Maynooth

Options
  • 26-01-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭

Anyone else think this is located in a very bad spot? Personally think it should be moved about 20/30m further down the road. I don't think it is very safe where it is in the mornings/evenings when the children are coming from school it causes the traffic to stop on Main Street if even two cars are looking to go down that road.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I use that road twice daily, and I've seen cars coming from the town and turning left onto that road and had to jam on nearly causing a serioUs accident because someone is on that crossing as they fly around the corner. It really bothers me tbh so yes I agree it's in a very bad location!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I drive over it 4 to 8 times a day(due to play school and school runs) and it is too close to the junction and entrance to the school especially in bad traffic.
    It would be way better a few metres down the road but then maybe there would be a danger of people not using it.

Advertisement