Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Area around St. Patrick's Cathedral - few questions

Options
  • 26-01-2014 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi all

Might be moving to the area shortly. wondering if anyone here that lives nearby could answer me this?

1 - Do the bells on the Cathedral ring all night or do they stop after a certain time?

2 - What kind of supermarkets are in the area, or am I right assuming Dunnes on Georges Street would be the closest to the Cathedral?

Cheers for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Hi all

Might be moving to the area shortly. wondering if anyone here that lives nearby could answer me this?

1 - Do the bells on the Cathedral ring all night or do they stop after a certain time?

2 - What kind of supermarkets are in the area, or am I right assuming Dunnes on Georges Street would be the closest to the Cathedral?

Cheers for any help!

Of course the bells don't ring all night. People all over the world have bells and calls to prayer I am sure they have happy lives.There is a Supermarket on New Street. It's a great area walk round it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Hi all

Cheers for any help!

#2 There's an aldi/lidl on thomas st, a quick walk down Meath St. Loads of nice butchers and a grocers on meath st. But you could be right about Dunnes being the biggest supermarket near by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Hi all

Cheers for any help!
    Checkout the fumbally cafe too, next to fumbally sq very good

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Cheers for the replies, all, looks like I'll be moving in around there next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Another Lidl (bit bigger) down Cork Street, and you have the CoOp Market on Newmarket Square round the corner. They have decent flea markets every Sunday :)

http://dublinfood.coop/drupal/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭phenomenalcat

Look no further than Fallons just across from the cathedral for a nice pint

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Thanks to everyone about all the info!
    No doubt we'll get used to the bells, sure it might mean I'll stop wasting my Sunday mornings anyways!

Advertisement