Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wellies discolouration

• 26-01-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

My pale blue wellies have become slightly discoloured in places and I can't get them back to their original colour. They've turned a greenish colour in parts, I've tried Jif, Milton, nail polish remover, baking soda and to no avail. I didn't soak them in any of these though. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Shauna.Henn

Are they Hunter wellies or what? If they're expensive, it might be worth checking out the Hunter cleaning stuff. If not, I wouldn't be spending too much time on them, as they'd be easily replaced with a new pair. Great weather for them, these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

Are they Hunter wellies or what? If they're expensive, it might be worth checking out the Hunter cleaning stuff. If not, I wouldn't be spending too much time on them, as they'd be easily replaced with a new pair. Great weather for them, these days!

No :-( which is a pity cause there's loads of advice online about cleaning Hunters!! Oh well... I'm at a loss. These are a specific design and are not for sale any longer so I really wanted these ones for various reasons. But you're right, I should at least have a look to see what else is available. :-) thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Shauna.Henn

Would you like to post a pic of the damage?

Would you like to post a pic of the damage?

Yes I would :-) they're at home though so I'll take a pic at home and post tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Are there wellies in the shops at the moment? Mine cracked across the front so must go and get a new pair!

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Are there wellies in the shops at the moment? Mine cracked across the front so must go and get a new pair!

Oh I forgot to take a pic :-( No they're not - I got them in TK Maxx last July/ Aug and just wore them once :-( Was reminded last night by the OH that they were left out in the sun for at least a month cause we didn't have a shed back then.... so I don't know if it's fixable if it's cause of sun damage... i loved them!

Advertisement