Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Photo Booth

Options
  • 26-01-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hey,

I like the idea of having a personal message from all our guests but find a book alone a bit boring for people. Since me and OH are into our photography we decided to do a photo booth type thing. We've gotten a polaroid camera and are hanging lines of twine on a dresser-type thing in the hotel where they peg their developed photo, sign their names to it, and I will also have a book where they write a note about the day/ future/ marriage advice/ random. I have printed up sort of instructions as to what to do, but not a "how-to" guide about the camera itself because I fear that'll over complicate things. I don't have props cause I'm not a fan of those - I just wants pics of our guests in their couple or whatever.
    So have I left something out, will it confuse people without a how-to on using the camera, does this work - has anyone done this before, etc?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Nicman wrote: »
    Hey,

I like the idea of having a personal message from all our guests but find a book alone a bit boring for people. Since me and OH are into our photography we decided to do a photo booth type thing. We've gotten a polaroid camera and are hanging lines of twine on a dresser-type thing in the hotel where they peg their developed photo, sign their names to it, and I will also have a book where they write a note about the day/ future/ marriage advice/ random. I have printed up sort of instructions as to what to do, but not a "how-to" guide about the camera itself because I fear that'll over complicate things. I don't have props cause I'm not a fan of those - I just wants pics of our guests in their couple or whatever.
    So have I left something out, will it confuse people without a how-to on using the camera, does this work - has anyone done this before, etc?

It seems a small bit complicated, and like something younger people might do, but older people might ignore. No way would my mam do it, and she's only in her 50s. That said, you know your guests best.
    A couple of years ago, a friend of mind had a friend standing at the entrance to the church as people went in, and that person got photos of them. Somewhere between the ceremony and the meal (the details escape me), those photos were developed, and stuck in a book. At the meal the book was sent around for signing. Might be a bit more straightforward, if you could talk someone in to taking on the work!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

jlm29 wrote: »
    It seems a small bit complicated, and like something younger people might do, but older people might ignore. No way would my mam do it, and she's only in her 50s. That said, you know your guests best.
    A couple of years ago, a friend of mind had a friend standing at the entrance to the church as people went in, and that person got photos of them. Somewhere between the ceremony and the meal (the details escape me), those photos were developed, and stuck in a book. At the meal the book was sent around for signing. Might be a bit more straightforward, if you could talk someone in to taking on the work!

Thanks for your advice. We were thinking of asking his 21 year old niece to keep an eye on it but maybe should ask her to be more involved than that then. Also, I should have mentioned -it's a small wedding, 40 odd guests, the only "older" people there are our parents really. everyone else is in their 30s-40s. Also its a civil ceremony so we don't really have the opportunity of getting the individuals after the ceremony and anyways, I don't think people would like a camera shoved in their faces the second the ceremony is over - I wouldnt! At least this way they can do it at their own leisure. However I agree with your points and will have to take another look at it. Too late to change it etc now cause we've bought the polaroid etc.....

Advertisement