Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Improving heat to downstairs rads from back boiler stove

• 26-01-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello, Looking for advice from the many stove experts on this site.

I have a Hearld Hunter 14 stove in my living room. When fired up (with coal) we can get great heat to the upstairs rads (downstairs rads turned off). However we can never get the same heat in the downstairs rads when upstairs are turned off. Maybe a logical explanation with heat rising etc but just looking for advice on any way to improve the heat to downstairs rads.

Some additional info: The downstairs is larger with more rads but I have turned many of them off in order to be roughly equivalent to the numbers of rads upstairs. I have also balanced rads downstairs, slight improvement to the further away rads but again nothing like the heat in the upstairs rads. All house rads have TRV mostly set to 3 and in some of the colder rooms set to 5.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Hello, Looking for advice from the many stove experts on this site.

I have a Hearld Hunter 14 stove in my living room. When fired up (with coal) we can get great heat to the upstairs rads (downstairs rads turned off). However we can never get the same heat in the downstairs rads when upstairs are turned off. Maybe a logical explanation with heat rising etc but just looking for advice on any way to improve the heat to downstairs rads.

Some additional info: The downstairs is larger with more rads but I have turned many of them off in order to be roughly equivalent to the numbers of rads upstairs. I have also balanced rads downstairs, slight improvement to the further away rads but again nothing like the heat in the upstairs rads. All house rads have TRV mostly set to 3 and in some of the colder rooms set to 5.

Thanks for your help.

Have you a balancing vale on the coil? Also check to make sure the system is not pitching into the header tank in the attic.

Advertisement