Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Style Kitesurfing

• 26-01-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey Guys,

Anyone taken lessons with Bigstyle on the South side.

Good prices for private, just concerned about the quality of the south side for learning?

Cheers

Comments

don't know of them but poolbeg beach is fine for learning - it's shallow and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pumpkin Pudding

Cheers Glasso,

Yeah they seem to be a pretty new company based on the South side.

Rates are more competitive than others I've seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Notus

Cheers Glasso,

Yeah they seem to be a pretty new company based on the South side.

Rates are more competitive than others I've seen

Are you a beginner? What are the rates? Have they a good range of equipement? Do they charge for lessons on off days?

The thing about lessons is that once you do the initial Kite work on the beach and start to get into the water the conditions and equipement determine the quality of the lesson as much as the guys/gals instructing you. Safety Safety Safety

and sheet out :-)

Keep us updated on this,

Hi Notus,

Yeah I'm a beginner.

All the details on rates are on their website www.bigstylekite.com

It'll be another while before I go looking into this further but thanks for those questions that I need to ask.

On that note, I understand the west coat is always good but how about the east coast? When are the winds most consistent around Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Notus

Hi Notus,

Yeah I'm a beginner.

All the details on rates are on their website www.bigstylekite.com

It'll be another while before I go looking into this further but thanks for those questions that I need to ask.

On that note, I understand the west coat is always good but how about the east coast? When are the winds most consistent around Dublin?

The west coast is generally regarded as better, wind direction is not really a problem and the surf is serious, once you progress you will probably want to go across to see what all the fuss is about but for learning the east coast is fine,

If I didn't have work or family I could probably Kite-surf every week on the east coast except in the late summer when there is usually some long wind lulls (this year was windier than normal) so I wouldn't be too worried,

Be patient as well, everyone is different and no one can guarantee you get on the board in a given time-frame, 12 hours should be enough to see you water start and get hooked, if it takes longer don't worry,

The price is about normal from what I can see, if you are based southside then its a good option...

enjoy

• Advertisement

Thanks Notus,

Your advice is much appreicated

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nige1978

Hey Pumpkin,

Did you end up getting lessons from Big Style? Any opinions?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

know the lad running big style kiting and the lessons are very good. Priced nicely too. South side vs north side have zero difference for learning. Wind conditions vary in both locations typically can be a bit stronger on the north side of bull island but as a beginner this shouldn't matter.. kite in poolbeg myself most of the time and its a sweet spot..

Takes time to learn the sport and patience. But you will get hooked very quickly. Progression comes in big jumps. water starts and up wind riding taking the longest to master. after that its down to how much you push yourself to learn tricks.

Advertisement