Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sizing a new bike

• 26-01-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hi Guys
    I am looking at a new bike purchase and am relatively new to this game.
    I am 5'11'' with an inside leg of 31.5"
    I am currently looking at a Ridley Compact 1119a but only available in frame size 49"
    would this size be suitable for me?
    Please help:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

hi Guys
    I am currently looking at a Ridley Compact 1119a but only available in frame size 49"

I'd guess you'd need nearer to 54-56 or M/L. Go along to LBS and try out a few sizes..

Make sure you get it right, you'll be on the bike for 100s of hours after all. Goodluck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭nilhg

Just had a look at the geometry of this model and to me the 49 seems to be some where between 54 and 56 in a Trek.

http://www.athleteshop.nl/ridley-compact-1119a

not yet's advice is good, if the OP isn't certain of his size then a few visits to bike shops is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

hi Guys

you have the same leg and height as me...
    thats my size in ridley
    any larger and youll be stretched out as they fit large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have a Ridley Compact size Medium which is the equivalent to a 54 as far as i know. I'm bang on 6ft tall so i think you'd need the same size, ie a medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mister bassett

Thanks for all the replies guys and yes I took on the advice and went to my local dealer..... Moynans in Nenagh( a well earned plug!!)
    Giving me a very good deal on a giant defy comp 1 with a few nice extras to sweeten the deal. Not to mention all the fabulous free advice !!!
    Bike on order now and can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭nilhg

Thanks for all the replies guys and yes I took on the advice and went to my local dealer..... Moynans in Nenagh( a well earned plug!!)
    Giving me a very good deal on a giant defy comp 1 with a few nice extras to sweeten the deal. Not to mention all the fabulous free advice !!!
    Bike on order now and can't wait

Go on, tell us, what size did he reccomend to you in the Giant?

Lovely bike BTW, best of luck with her...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mister bassett

Medium/large!!!
    Guess you all know your stuff!!

Advertisement