Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing Motorised Zone Valves

• 26-01-2014 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I am looking to install motorised valves to give me control of the hot water and central heating independently of each other ie. hot water can be heated but not the radiators and vice versa. I have an oil-fired system (two pipe I believe). The boiler is in the shed outside and has two pipes running to it. The Indirect cylinder is upstairs. In the shed, both pipes go to/from the boiler into the ground and I can't for the life of me find where they branch off to the radiators and the hot water cylinder. Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Unless the pipework is in concrete you will need to lift floorboards to identify the pipe circuits to establish what alterations are required.
    You might be very lucky and the primary circuit goes straight to the Hot Press and is split from there, but without several pictures of the hot press or a site visit it would difficult to advise.

Advertisement