Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster hunter 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Why do they keep developing these for consoles i don't have, aka, the crap Nintendo consoles... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

So hyped for it, glad it's finally coming, shame it's so far away though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why do they keep developing these for consoles i don't have, aka, the crap Nintendo consoles... :(

3Ds is far from crap, it's the best console you can buy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Oh Jesus, cant we have at least one thread without fecking Nintendo vs world?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just venting. To be honest i would get a 3DS for Bravely Default and Zelda alone, and a WiiU for MH3. Just the lack of money atm stopping me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Surely a system is measured by the games it has, and if it has games you want it isn't crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mh3 is better on 3ds in my opinion, save yourself 200 and just get the circle pad pro :-)

What minimal dialog there is in these games tends to be remedial at best. What are they going to spend the other 11 months 29 days doing?

Banjo wrote: »
    Mh3 is better on 3ds in my opinion, save yourself 200 and just get the circle pad pro :-)

What minimal dialog there is in these games tends to be remedial at best. What are they going to spend the other 11 months 29 days doing?

To make it even better on 3ds, it will finally have proper online on it. The major ( or even only ) reason to get wii u, would be mh3 online function. Now mh4 on 3ds will have full online, which is sweet.

Its a shame that we need to wait for over a year now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

But MH4 was released on 3DS in Japan a couple of months ago. Aside from translating, what's stopping it getting a western release? Is it that the version shipping at the moment doesn't support online multiplayer and the G version will? If so... actually that's fine then, I don't think MH fever is quite pronounced enough in the west to justify a whole seperate retail release just to add that feature on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Localisation is a far bigger job than you are making it out to be. It's slow and requires a lot of testing since the translated script has to be sent to Japan to be inserted by their coders then tested to see that it went into all the right places. Then you have to test that to see if it's not broken anything. For an online game that's an even bigger task.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    But MH4 was released on 3DS in Japan a couple of months ago. Aside from translating, what's stopping it getting a western release? Is it that the version shipping at the moment doesn't support online multiplayer and the G version will? If so... actually that's fine then, I don't think MH fever is quite pronounced enough in the west to justify a whole seperate retail release just to add that feature on.

I think it is not localisation problem right now. they just want to lauch upgraded version of MH4 to West. Instead of launching MH4 and then having upgraded version down the line.
    The upgraded version comes in Japan later this year and just few months later comes out western Version. Localisation is not the issue here. Its and Issue of them getting all of it done in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭PKdude

I'm Just happy they're going to release it and it will have online multiplayer! I don't know a single person who plays it beside me, so having online will be great!

PKdude wrote: »
    I'm Just happy they're going to release it and it will have online multiplayer! I don't know a single person who plays it beside me, so having online will be great!

Bumping up a thread, which is so dear to my heart.... With no actual info. I am not a happy bunny...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭PKdude

Bumping up a thread, which is so dear to my heart.... With no actual info. I am not a happy bunny...

I'm just saying I'm excited for it, sorry to get your hopes up. Surely you have also been looking up information about it to get the latest news?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Right so MH4U has finally been released here on 3ds now what vets want to help newbies like myself figure this behemoth out? Any tips or tricks for weapons armour would be really helpful.

Ive been watching this guys tutorials but it really takes some time to figure out what weapon is right

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

One of the trickiest things to get your head around with Monster Hunter is that there is no such thing as the best armour or the best weapon, there's really only "the best currently available for this next hunt and your play style".
    Try as many different styles of weapons as you can to see which you enjoy most, then get better versions of those, and after that, try improved versions of the other weapons, see how you like those then! It's always worth playing around as it changes!

Star Lord wrote: »
    One of the trickiest things to get your head around with Monster Hunter is that there is no such thing as the best armour or the best weapon, there's really only "the best currently available for this next hunt and your play style".
    Try as many different styles of weapons as you can to see which you enjoy most, then get better versions of those, and after that, try improved versions of the other weapons, see how you like those then! It's always worth playing around as it changes!

Thanks, so as you progress better versions of each weapon and armour will become available? so you dont have to go back and find mats to craft up form the starting weapon again?

Just checking if theres any permanent decisions you have to make about things or that will take you a while to get back from?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Thanks, so as you progress better versions of each weapon and armour will become available? so you dont have to go back and find mats to craft up form the starting weapon again?

Just checking if theres any permanent decisions you have to make about things or that will take you a while to get back from?

In 3 they did anyway, not got my hands on 4 yet! As you progressed you could buy some better weapons which would cost more than building up from scratch, but save you the time.

No permanent decisions really, can always craft more from scratch or from a weapon/armour along the upgrade path that you buy.

Star Lord wrote: »
    In 3 they did anyway, not got my hands on 4 yet! As you progressed you could buy some better weapons which would cost more than building up from scratch, but save you the time.

No permanent decisions really, can always craft more from scratch or from a weapon/armour along the upgrade path that you buy.

Thanks just had a good fight with the new Insect Glaive think I'll main that for a while and see how I get on

VinLieger wrote: »
    Right so MH4U has finally been released here on 3ds now what vets want to help newbies like myself figure this behemoth out? Any tips or tricks for weapons armour would be really helpful.

Ive been watching this guys tutorials but it really takes some time to figure out what weapon is right

My first solid choice was always Long sword and then I switched ( no pun intended ) to Switch axe. Switch axe works for me, because its just very versatile and a middle ground between Long and great swords.

I really want to get MH4, but no way I am spending 300eu just for it. :( Ill wait.

• Advertisement

My first solid choice was always Long sword and then I switched ( no pun intended ) to Switch axe. Switch axe works for me, because its just very versatile and a middle ground between Long and great swords.

I really want to get MH4, but no way I am spending 300eu just for it. :( Ill wait.

I like switch axe too probably gonna have it as my secondary to the Insect Glaive which is a lot of fun, I want to love the Charge Blade as its animations are awesome but its just too lumbering and difficult to get used to

I predict an addiction, 13 hours in barely scratched the surface and loving it

:confused: If you're addicted at 13 hours, where am I with almost 100 hours already?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wish I had a Wii u to play this or a 3ds. Is it fun to play on your own?

Its only on 3DS. They had 2Ds on amazon for 49.99£ and I was tempted to buy it just for this game. Cant really justify spending 300eu on new 3ds now just for mh4 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its only on 3DS. They had 2Ds on amazon for 49.99£ and I was tempted to buy it just for this game. Cant really justify spending 300eu on new 3ds now just for mh4 :(

Awww crap thought it was Wii u too

Awww crap thought it was Wii u too

Yup, one of the reasons why my Wii u got traded in. I love MH3 and I bought wii u just for it. Not putting MH4 of Wii U was a retarded move.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

i am really really hoping this comes to wii u

It's great solo, but you can also play online this time around on the 3DS.

• Advertisement

Not got to play too much yet, only 11:38 in, but just discovered how to use the Charge Blade properly, and it's instantly become my favourite weapon! Anyone else still playing?

Advertisement