Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster hunter 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭PKdude

I'm still playing, took a while to get a good team going for the G Rank 3* quest final boss. Mostly excited for Monster Hunter X, and want a release for here :3

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm a solo player really, never played multi (mostly as I'm a sporadic player, can't really schedule/co-ordinate times to be online to play!)
    Only at the early stages, tried the Tetsucabra once so far, and it beat me with ease... so I went back and I've ground the Guild Quest for the Velocidrome to get a full Velociprey armour set.

Yeah, it serves in a way, where for every new big threat you encounter, you need better armor. I got Kut Ku armor and it served me well until after the Gore Magala.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I hit a bit of a wall and gave up for a while keep meaning to get back into it

What metaphorical wall did you hit?

• Advertisement

PKdude wrote: »
    What metaphorical wall did you hit?

First fight in Cathar after a couple of attempts i wasn't doing too badly had his patterns down but it just seemed like I didn't have enough damage and have no upgrade path available for the IG which is the only weapon I've used

You could try get a different insect glaive, one that has a different element. What's your armor?

PKdude wrote: »
    You could try get a different insect glaive, one that has a different element. What's your armor?

Thats the thing theres no new ones available to craft and the mats for the next upgrade are higher than my current quests will give, cant remember the name of the armour but it makes you look like a lobster

Now I'm confused, if I'm right on the monster you're facing, you should be able to create better armor. In terms of weapon, I'd consider using another one. For my first game in the franchise, I used 2 different kinds of weapon, and that's gone up to 7. I'd branch out, easily the best option is Great Sword or Sword and Shield due to the easy nature of them. Long Sword is good as well.

Advertisement