Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

upgrading fps on tm p90?

• 26-01-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭

hi all
    just got a p90 today and want to upgrade t he fps on it
    also want to get an extended barrel to hide under the suppressor and which won should i get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

hi all
    just got a p90 today and want to upgrade t he fps on it
    also want to get an extended barrel to hide under the suppressor and which won should i get?

is it new? can't imagine it needs to be upgraded if it's new mate.
    What's it coming in at at the moment? as for the suppressor it really depends on the length of the inner barrel you use and what kind of suppressor you're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bar a madbull tighbore barrel I'd leave it alone ,
    As stock the p90 will outrange full length aegs ,
    Personally I wouldn't extend the stock inner barrel either ,
    If its band new its should be almost perfect out of the box ,
    If it's 2nd hand I'd clean the barrel and replace the hop up rubber ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭DeBurca

What is the current FPS, TM AEGs typically shoot at 280ish
    As for fitting a longer barrel then you will need to change the cylinder to match the new length
    The standard length inner barrel used in a P90 is 249mm, I have fitted both a 363mm (M4 length) and a 420mm (Sig 556 length) tight bore barrels to a P90

The disadvantage to doing this is that the front of the P90 is then very susceptible to breaking as the silencer used to cover the barrel projects a long way forward and the front of the receiver is not very strong
    I have always used a forward rail system to protect the silencer from banging into trees/walls etc and besides I think it looks good

31779ep.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭irishairsoft1

thanks for the replies. i got it second hand but it had only been plinked a few times. and the supressor is the standard tm suppressor you get with the p90. and the fps is about 280. and how much would a cylinder changes cost if i were to get longer barrel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

thanks for the replies. i got it second hand but it had only been plinked a few times. and the supressor is the standard tm suppressor you get with the p90. and the fps is about 280. and how much would a cylinder changes cost if i were to get longer barrel?

I'm not trying to be funny or anything but honestly i wouldn't even bother opening it. It's a TM. There's a standard joke that if you open up a TM it releases the magic pixie dust or whatever it is they put in their AEG's.
    I wouldn't bother upgrading it for the sake of it. I'd be happier with bragging about a TM than a TM which has been gutted and had it's internals replaced

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

This was my P90 up to yesterday and it shot perfectly, even at "just" 280fps. It's a Marui Emmet, it'll last for years if you look after it. While she's now yours to do what you want with, I'd recommend leaving her be and just enjoy having the best P90 model on the market that will hit a euro coin at 50 feet (I've done it!). She's accurate as hell which is more important than upping the fps by a relatively small increment.

Ask yourself if you really want to have to take her apart, fit a new cylinder, barrel etc for a small improvement in performance, that may long term, affect the reliability of the gun? Spend the cash you were going to use on the upgrades on a new scope, laser, flashlight for the triple rails. It'll look great especially with a red laser scanning the area looking for a target!

Up to you mate, but I'd leave her as is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭DeBurca

As others have said it may be best to leave it alone and it should give you years of good use
    However if you feel that you must increase the FPS then you will need to replace the main spring with something like an M90 which should give you 310-315fps
    If you want a longer barrel you will need to change the cylinder to match the barrel length, a replacement cylinder will cost between €10 to €20 depending on type and brand

Please be advised that fitting a stronger spring will increase the wear rate of the moving parts within the gearbox especially the bearings which are nylon and are unique to TM as 2 are oval and the other 4 are the more normal round type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭irishairsoft1

ok thanks for the advice all.i think ill leave it stock if it would wear the parts down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

One upgrade i made to my one was to install a tanio koba inner barrel, it really did make a noticable difference to its range and accuracy, no doubt there are a few nay-sayers out there :-D

Eo1n8wrd wrote: »
    One upgrade i made to my one was to install a tanio koba inner barrel, it really did make a noticable difference to its range and accuracy, no doubt there are a few nay-sayers out there :-D

A standard decent tight bore and hop rubber would do the same ,

The fact twist barrels were designed for single shot device's ie bolt actions and pistols ,

They do work but I've not seen one subjectively tested against say a standard barrel and hop , madbull black python with a upgraded rubber and a Tk Twist,and a another high quality barrel

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    A standard decent tight bore and hop rubber would do the same ,

The fact twist barrels were designed for single shot device's ie bolt actions and pistols ,

They do work but I've not seen one subjectively tested against say a standard barrel and hop , madbull black python with a upgraded rubber and a Tk Twist,and a another high quality barrel

it works full auto on mine, the idea is that it cushions each bb through the barrel, not proper rifling as such.
    I doubt there would be any massive difference between types of barrels but thats one upgrade i made to mine and i notice a very positive difference from stock.

Eo1n8wrd wrote: »
    it works full auto on mine, the idea is that it cushions each bb through the barrel, not proper rifling as such.

But there known to be at there best when used in a vsr,or other bolt action or pistol due in part to the stable airflow ,vs the so called violent airflow of full auto and fps variance ,
    But as I said earlier there a consensus they work just as good in aegs

Always wondered why they were not clones enmass or fitted as standard barrels

they must be a right devil to produce, might be enough to turn off the clone market when they can just cut up lengths of pipe for other types.
    i think maybe it works well in the p-90 because its full auto on such a short barrel each ones out before theres a huge amount of bbs in the barrel behind it, i wouldn't swop it out though!!!

Advertisement