Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probem with GSM PIR alarm

Options
  • 26-01-2014 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

I have an alarm on a shed which works by texting to it.I set it up with the number i'm using now but i now have to change settings on it.When i tried to it was telling me wrong password when i knew it was right.It would still let me set/unset the alarm.

So i reset the system and tried to set it up again.When i put the code in to change the password it sends back "wrong syntax" and wont allow me to work on it.

I then tried on someone elses phone and it changed the password so i set up my number as the main number on the friends phone which it accepted.Then when i tried to change settings on it with my own number by entering the password i'd just changed its telling me its the wrong password.At all times its still letting me set and unset the alarm.

Sorry for the long post.Does anyone know what the wrong syntax reply back to my phone is or what i could do to fix this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Ok I sm not familiar with the unit but what has caused issues in the past with SMS communication is predictive text. Is yours off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

Thanks for getting back to me.I'm afraid it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Ok just another obvious one, is your number sending on?

Also if you transmit a text message to your friends phone (the one that worked the unit for you), does it come out just as it was sent?

Is there an auto spelling correction feature on your phone?

As you can probably gather my hunch has more to do with your phone rather than the unit, might be an idea to go over to one of the mobile phone threads and run your problem by those guys.

Advertisement