Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Coffee Trail with Simon Reeve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Was it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I recorded it but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I believe it is repeated tonight.
    I'm guessing it focuses on the quantity side as opposed to the quality side of coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 all the questions

It was a bit of a depressing programme, very much focused on the negative impact that Coffee production has had on Vietnam, but a good watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

To a large extent, coffee production was a hook on which to hang a moderately interesting programme about how Vietnam has fared since the war there.

You don't need to have a particular interest in coffee to watch it, nor does having an interest make it much more (or less) interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

To a large extent, coffee production was a hook on which to hang a moderately interesting programme about how Vietnam has fared since the war there.

You don't need to have a particular interest in coffee to watch it, nor does having an interest make it much more (or less) interesting.

Yeah thats more or less everything covered in one post!

It will be interesting to see how that Vietnamese billionaires coffee business fares if he goes forth with his plan to take on multi nationals in service side of the industry.

It was also quite funny to see the vast difference in quality control (which type of berries they picked) in the first farm he visited and the second farm he visitied. Pretty much the quality control problem summed up in 2 minutes!

• Advertisement

I forgot to mention the coffee-and-egg drink; that was interesting in a weird way.

I forgot to mention the coffee-and-egg drink; that was interesting in a weird way.

Indeed...might be a weekend project!? How much sugar do you reckon he put in that egg white?

gucci wrote: »
    Indeed...might be a weekend project!? How much sugar do you reckon he put in that egg white?
    I think it was a lot. Didn't Reeve say it was like a dessert? It sure looked like one.

coffeee soufleé (or however you spell it!)
    http://www.legalnomads.com/2013/01/vietnamese-egg-coffee-recipe.html

Condensed milk eh.......this sounds like a meal in itself!

gucci wrote: »
    coffeee soufleé (or however you spell it!)
    http://www.legalnomads.com/2013/01/vietnamese-egg-coffee-recipe.html

Condensed milk eh.......this sounds like a meal in itself!
    If you don't report back, I'll assume the worst.

• Advertisement
Advertisement