Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facetime

• 26-01-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Is there any way to use facetime from an iPhone 4 without having my number attached to it? I'd prefer if it used email only

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Settings > FaceTime

You can choose an email address there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Cyvad

I have an email added to it but it still sends my number. Is there a way of having only your email visible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Cyvad wrote: »
    I have an email added to it but it still sends my number. Is there a way of having only your email visible.
    Once the email has been added & verified just tap on the email address under 'caller id' in Facetime Settings which should result in the tick being beside the email address instead of your phone number.

That's exactly how it is. Under caller id, the email is ticked but not the phone number. It's still my number that appears when on the recipients device though and not my email. That's what's puzzling me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Cyvad wrote: »
    That's exactly how it is. Under caller id, the email is ticked but not the phone number. It's still my number that appears when on the recipients device though and not my email. That's what's puzzling me
    YOu may have to switch Facetime off & log out of your Apple ID in Facetime settings & log back in & switch Facetime back on in order for changes to take effect.

• Advertisement

Will try that. Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement