Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations - Spanish Lessons

Options
  • 26-01-2014 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Looking to go from zero to a decent level of Spanish, preferably on week nights / weekends. Can anyone recommend a group or centre with a decent class size and make up? Heard a few horror stories and would genuinely prefer somewhere a little more upbeat and social (If that makes sense!)

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

If you're learning from scratch it might be worth looking at individual lessons which aren't always expensive as there are many native speakers who give lessons for cheap (check gumtree). From my experience the varying ability in groups for grasping the basics can slow things down. Although it was very fun I think in condensed form you can be taught the practical stuff individually that will give you confidence especially if you are given plenty of time to try speak it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks shamtastic. I was aiming for groups given the social aspect and ability to talk to different people, but you make a good point. I'll consider it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 torqueturn

I have developed a web-based tool to help language students expand their vocabulary and importantly, learn noun genders. It is cheap, accessible and easy to use and caters for Spanish, German, and French

Check us out on www.leVocab.com

• Registered Users Posts: 39 woodstock1708

If you do decide to go the private lessons route, I would be happy to put you in touch with a good teacher from Spain. She was my student (I'm an English teacher) and now she's making a go of it here giving Spanish lessons.

You can PM me and I'll give you her details.

Buena suerte!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 esperanza1978

PM me! I'm a Spanish instructor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 owenlynch1310

Hi,

I am interested in learning Spanish in the Dublin area if there is any native Spanish teachers still available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

PM me...I've taught Spanish for 28 years,,,

Advertisement