Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlecurragh Heath a good place to live ?

Options
  • 26-01-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi guys . Does anyone know what it is like to live in castlecurragh Heath .my gf is thinking about buying on the park side of the devolopement but is worried about antisocial behaviour in the park itself or around the estate .many thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

personally I wouldn't go near it in a fit. I live in Waterville (which is lovely) but a colleague lives there and she hates it. I went up to visit her and went into the Spar, and there was a drugs deal ongoing at 6pm in daylight (this was last June). She can't sell due to the reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I lived there. The area looks like a ****hole but that estate is okay. I saw a 2 bed apartment going for €50k a while back. A bargain if you can get tenants.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Moved from the Accommodation and Property forum- the guys here are probably far more knowledgeable about the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 baz321

I lived there. The area looks like a ****hole but that estate is okay. I saw a 2 bed apartment going for €50k a while back. A bargain if you can get tenants.

I think the problems I have read about online are in the castlecurragh estates next to dromheath .ie the problems are coming from dromheath .one bed apartments now are around 80k .60 k a year ago .many thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Don't live there but live close and know people that do live there. They've had no problems, yes there were issues with antisocial behaviour a few years ago from the Dromheath estate but I haven't heard anything in a long time.

As for the Spar drug deal, could happen anywhere in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

January wrote: »
    Don't live there but live close and know people that do live there. They've had no problems, yes there were issues with antisocial behaviour a few years ago from the Dromheath estate but I haven't heard anything in a long time.

As for the Spar drug deal, could happen anywhere in the country.

Could, but wouldn't in most places.

Castlecurragh's best potential is as an investment opportunity but its locations is problematic to say the least. Friends of ours bought there new and it was fine but went downhill very quickly and they were very pleased to put a tenant into it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Spent 5 years living in Castlecurragh. First couple of years where fine but the last 2 were an absolute nightmare. Windows getting smashed in, car getting broken into numerous times. Drug deals going on everywhere. People peeing against your door.

Our neighbours on either side got dogs abuse from the lovely teenagers in Dromheath because they were not Irish.

Best thing I ever did was to get out of the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

baz321 wrote: »
    Hi guys . Does anyone know what it is like to live in castlecurragh Heath .my gf is thinking about buying on the park side of the devolopement but is worried about antisocial behaviour in the park itself or around the estate .many thanks .

I live in CC Heath and actually quite like it. I've been here since it opened in 2003. I've got a good bunch of neighbours in the vicinity of my place who look out for each other so maybe I'm just lucky in that regard. It's a fairly big estate so I can understand people who have bad things to say about it if they are unfortunate to have bad or inconsiderate neighbours but that happens everywhere.

A lot of the comments in this thread mention Dromheath kids or close to Dromheath etc. That's actually Castlecurragh Vale. I know there's only the main road between CC Heath and CC Vale but I don't see much activity from Dromheath kids over here and I've certainly never seen open drug dealing like it's a scene out of Love/Hate anyway.

As for it going down hill quickly, I disagree. Again, I'm only talking from my own personal experience and maybe I'm just lucky but I think the levels of anti-social behaviour have gone down in the past 3 years or so. Unless I'm not just hearing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Rented there a few years ago and eventually moved out. Getting hassled every time I tried to walk out the front door, kids pissing against the doors and windows etc. Maybe it's been cleaned up since but it wasn't a very nice place to live back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Walshie100

I have lived in CC Heath for over 10 years and have never had any issues. I think the issues some people have had are/were just in certain sections. I have lovely neighbours and find it a great place to live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

I rented in heath for about 3 years in 3 separate locations. It is the biggest hole I ever lived in but it is not the fault of the CC but of the issues of living beside scumbags from Ladywell and Corduff. My first 2 years there were fine, no issues but in third year, girlsfriend car was broken into and was eventually robbed, somebody threw a fire cracker into the letter box on another ocassion, one of our neighbour had their car lights smashed. It is regular for drugs deals and murderers to happen in the area. As has been mentioned previously not everywhere here is bad, but my advice is to avoid and defintely do not buy on vale side as it is 100 times worse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Guys, OP is looking for feedback on an area - referring to the area using provocative terms such as a hole/****hole is not terribly helpful, nor is bad-mouthing other nearby areas. This behaviour also gets the locals who do actually live in the area annoyed. Try to behave like adults and give a grownup opinion.

Please refer to the charter here esp with regard to the 'No Free speech' and 'Making the natives restless' parts.

I've asked this before in several other threads, and if this type of thread continues to cause problems I may be forced to disallow them from the forum, something I dont really want to do.

Advertisement