Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick at rush hour... help!

• 26-01-2014 11:10pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

I've to be at the LIT for 10am tomorrow morning, leaving from Dublin with a stop off in Dunlavin (Co. Wicklow) - AA journey planner is showing about a 2 hour drive from Dunlavin - aim to leave Dunlavin at 7am which will mean hitting Limerick around 9am... I'm not familiar with where the LIT is - is it the Dublin side of Limerick? Can I expect heavy traffic at the time still? A few years since I've been to Limerick and I know there have been quite a few road changes on the approach. Is one hour sufficient if I hit Limerick at 9 to get over to the LIT? Appreciate any comments, really important we get there for 10am!!! Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

For peace of mind use the tunnel take immediate exit, through toll, through two roundabouts, set of lights and next roundabout you're there.

Saves guessing about other roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SHANAbert

Beer Baron is spot on

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Thanks a million... is the tunnel as I hit Limerick? So well before Limerick city itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Just stay on the motorway till you hit it,

Cool, thanks.

I see also there are two flippin campus - I need to get to the Hartnett Centre which is Moylish Pk...

http://www.hartnettcentre.ie/
    http://www.lit.ie/Contact/Pages/location.aspx

Still same directions?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

tunnel is after the city centre exits. the exit you need is directly after going thru tunnel, approx 500meters. toll is 1.90euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Yup, the same directions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

ya looks like hartnett centre is in Moylish Park, the main LIT campus. Parking on campus can be hard to find but there are about 3 different carparks so drive around. parking is by pay and display - don't ignore this cos they clamp.

when you come to LIT take the 2nd exit off roundabout into the campus.

edited : just looked at the directions that link for Hartnett gives - even a Limerick person would find them hard to navigate. The tunnell makes it so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 WattyWoo

Follow the motorway to Limerick but don't leave the motorway until after the tunnel as stated above.
    The tunnel is on the motorway system on the Galway/shannon side of Limerick so stay on the motorway until the Caherdavin exit.You should have plenty of time this way if you hit Limerick at 9.

Cool, thanks all - much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Tunne is best option indeed. After travelling through it take the first exit marked 'Caherdavin'. Proceed to the toll (€1.90) As you do this you will see Thomond Park in the distance. LIT is beside it, just follow the route advised by previous posters. You should make it in about 5-6 mins after going through the tunnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Everyones advice above is correct the only thing I would add is how close the caherdavin exit is after the tunnel .... this is because I missed it .....twice , It is just after you come out of the tunnel and reach the brow of the hill .

Thanks again for the advice - got there in plenty of time and the directions were spot on!

Advertisement