Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eley group size record

• 26-01-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

From accurateshooter.com:
    12.4 mm for 40 Shots at 50m — New Record at Eley Test Center

Two new 50m rimfire 40-shot group size records were set last week at the Eley test range in Fellback (Stuttgart), Germany. This range employs an electronic target system that automatically calculates shot placement with great precision. The rifles are secured in clamping fixtures. On January 21st, a new 13.2 mm record was set, follow by an even-better 12.4 mm record (that’s 0.488″). The previous record was 13.3 mm set in 2007.

eley124op.png

Now that's a group :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm pretty damn happy to get that for individual ten shot groups! Would be very interesting to see what shooting a rifle that accurate is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

My first thought would be that it'd be a bit nervewracking - you wouldn't have anything to blame a bad shot on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I think I'd take my chances with that kind of cruel reality. "See that 9.9? I had to screw up so much worse than you to get that!"

Advertisement