Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow Steeple from the air

Options
  • 27-01-2014 12:48am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

Another video of the Yellow Steeple shot from the DJI Phantom with a GoPro attached underneath.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Great video. looking into getting a DJI quadrocopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Nice Vid, Are you in Trim? I've just built a tricopter which I intend to use for FPV, I'd like to see your DJI in action.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Poly wrote: »
    Nice Vid, Are you in Trim? I've just built a tricopter which I intend to use for FPV, I'd like to see your DJI in action.

Yep, sure am. Just waiting for new gimbal to arrive and for the weather to pick up!

Which gopro are you running?
    What flight times are you getting?

Hero 2 and during the cold weather I was getting about 8 minutes. Fleabay gimbal has arrived but I'm not even thinking about going out in this weather.

• Advertisement

Are you flying Fpv or steering from the ground?

Having a problem with my lipos, only getting 3mins flight time, think it's the charger, I have a new charger on the slow boat from china, hopefully that will sort it out. IIl post some pics when the weather improves

Just flying from the ground at the minute. I have a Foxtech FPV transmitter but no receiver. I also have a video cable en route to suit the Hero 2 (it's on the same slow boat as yours). I've no idea exactly what frequency the Foxtech transmits on so I'm assuming if I get my hands on a 32 ch receiver that it should pick up the signal somewhere across the various channels.

Fitted the gimbal over the weekend and took a short test flight out the back garden. Footage is amazing compared to flying with no gimbal. Can't wait until this weather improves. Even in the sheltered space of my back garden, the wind was playing havoc with the phantom!

I have a 2.4g receiver if you want to try it? Its a cheap one I got on ebay, but it worked for a FPV plane I had.

First decent weather in a while, hope to get a bit of flight testing in today

Poly wrote: »
    I have a 2.4g receiver if you want to try it?

Absolutely! I'd love to try it. Got my cable during the week and had intended to fly today but I ended up going for a spin on my kayak instead. By the time I got back home the wind had picked up so I didn't bother.

Maybe next weekend?

Yeah sure, I'll send you a PM

• Advertisement

Highly unlikely we'll be flying tomorrow. Forecast is for more of the same - wind and rain........

I've made some modifications to the Tri. I'll do some flight testing to see if it's more effective at avoiding the ground

Advertisement