Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FairView

Options
  • 27-01-2014 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Is fairview a nice area to live in. Thanks?

Comments

I've lived there since 2010 and I find it grand for the most part. I wouldn't be going near the park late at night but I've had no trouble here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Karsini wrote: »
    I've lived there since 2010 and I find it grand for the most part. I wouldn't be going near the park late at night but I've had no trouble here.

Cheers going viewing a place there tomorrow. Its on the Foyle road if you know that area?

I do indeed. It's a quiet road, mostly an elderly population as far as I know.

Karsini wrote: »
    I do indeed. It's a quiet road, mostly an elderly population as far as I know.

Cheers, Good to know! Will most likely be taking the place. Thanks for the headsup

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭goiko

I live there too and it's a really nice area as you have both Fairview park and the promenade very close by to go for walks and relax. I love that is a quiet area despite being so close to the city centre and I have never had any problem here so far! Will definitely look for another house around this area when we move out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Foyle road is grand and quiet, handy for the city centre and good local shops/off licences.

That place is after falling through :(

Hows richmond road? Thanks for the help so far!

yawhat! wrote: »
    That place is after falling through :(

Hows richmond road? Thanks for the help so far!

Richmond Road would be nowhere near as quiet, and is a traffic nightmare. Personally I wouldnt live there

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    Richmond Road would be nowhere near as quiet, and is a traffic nightmare. Personally I wouldnt live there

Agreed. Very narrow road and quite busy too.

Is it rough?

• Advertisement

yawhat! wrote: »
    Is it rough?

I wouldnt call it rough, but it has its moments and is closer to a few rough blocks of flats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Richmond Road has a terrible flooding problem, even the new Tolka river works hasn't stopped it. As a result home insurance is not cheap in the area. You also have a football ground there which disrupts the area a lot when there's a game on. And Gawwwwd help you if you're a motorist trying to get in and out during the rush hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Richmond Road is just dire for traffic and also for walking along. The footpaths are very narrow and there is no path on the left for part of it. It is always busy with people driving too fast. It is very noisy.

Advertisement