Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Royal Rumble PPV 2014 Live Thread

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    I would call Couch potato abuse but hey if you don't thats alright.

merely fighting for the occasional posters rights...... I am not the one who came accross all high and mighty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Anyone who doesn't like Bryan doesn't like pro wrestling. The man's a genius in the ring and the fan's knew it tonight. He steals the show once again and has the crowd ****ting on the rest of the show. Brilliant stuff. Teaches WWE HHH bum buddies don't mean jack **** to the audience. Batista look gassed up after a minute. I felt for Rey coming out at 30 and getting ****ted on cause he wasn't Bryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Huge Daniel Bryan fan but does he shift much merchandise? Does he sell more PPVs than the guys currently occupying the top of the card (Cena/Orton)?

Ratings and the above stuff are important things for WWE, does he attract viewers in key segments etc....?

Genuine question because all of this is important info as to why WWE are doing what they are doing. WWE have no interest in appeasing the niche market within an already niche market.

And this is coming from someone who was gutted he wasn't in the rumble.

He is not Ryder, pretty sure he moves merch. Ratings? Has had some stinker quarters but also done quite well with some. Ratings with him as champion on SD were solid.

Although apart from Cena who really moves the needle? No proof that the likes of Sheamus, Orton or anyone has meant sweet **** all over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Was harsh that Reigns dumped Rollins out aswell considering the fact he reprimanded Ambrose for trying to dump Reigns out first off.

I wonder will this add another edge to the angle or will WWE just run with the general idea that it's a split now between Reigns and the other 2

Triple Threat for the United States championship at Wrestlmania, i'm calling it now, since it looks unlikely we'll get Wyatts Vs Shield at Wrestlmania.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Batista flipped off a fan after the PPV ended:

Be9n4ztCEAAOKwQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Nearly convinced myself to stay up and pay for this. A few hours fresher and a few quid the richer and no worse off for it. Between the Outlaws, Wyatt and Batista this was night of the undeserved pushes. Batista is going to get fierce abuse tonight. It's not even going to be a divide in the crowd like with Cena. Shaping to be one of the worst Wrestlemanias in history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Batista won the rumble?.... Jasus Christ.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

unless hes getting to face Undertaker they're ****ing him over for no good reason
    They are doing it because he's not suppose to be over and HHH can't accept that DB can be a star with out spending 10+ years jobbing his way up...
    Genuine question because all of this is important info as to why WWE are doing what they are doing. WWE have no interest in appeasing the niche market within an already niche market.
    When you have a whole stadium chanting for a specific wrestler and reject one of your top faces (Ray) I think we've gone beyond niche market in a niche market; esp. as it's been going on for a year even when attempting to bury him with repeated losses and gimmics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement