Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G raider front sight help

• 27-01-2014 2:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭

So I absolutely hate the front sight on my aeg, want to get rid of it and put flip up sights on instead. Do I need a new outer barrel? I'd prefer a CQB outer barrel and put a silencer over the remaining length of barrel, but a CQB outer without an A sight, if that makes sense?

Any helps appreciated, cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Ye on most raiders the a post sight is part of the outer barrel.Check under the sight where your sling mount is and if there is a grub screw u can take it off if not u will need to replace the barrel.I only did the same thing as i hated the a post myself.Hope this helps u.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Cheers man! When you replaced the outer was the RIS rails and the outer still stable?

It was ye but it took a bit of filing to fit the rail mounts over the new outer barrel.I had to file a mil or 2 off a part of the barrel for the main screw to fit over it so i could tighten up the barrel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

i cut the a part off mine and attatched a small rail where i now have my front flip up sight, i will attach pics to show

pics

Cheers man, havent got access to a dremel or that so im looking to just get a whole new outer. Want to get a shorter one, and put a silencer on it to cover the excess of the barrel, rather then having a full length outer barrel and a silencer, its too long :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

ah i see:) no problem mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Cheers man, havent got access to a dremel or that so im looking to just get a whole new outer. Want to get a shorter one, and put a silencer on it to cover the excess of the barrel, rather then having a full length outer barrel and a silencer, its too long :p

it's probably not a bad idea to gt a new outer barrel if that's your plan from the start. Sawing the A-post off can be messy not to mention ugly in my opinion. Anyways as Bren mentioned the A-post is part of the outer barrel but only int he sense that it doesn't come of on it's own. When removed it doesn't take much ofthe outer barrel with it (it will take any barrel past the front sight) the barrel inside the rails will still be there. Now here is where i don't get G&G's thinking because it is no way a standard outer. Best bet is to get a new one as the front posts have a habit of falling off.

If you want to remove the a post and have a look yourself here's what you do;
    1. remove the alan screws on top and bottom of the rails, towards the front.
    2. there is a metal plate behind the A-post (it held those screws in place). push this place down the rails towards the receiver
    3. now on each SIDE of the rails there are holes towards the front
    4. There are tiny alan grub screws which can be accessed through those holes and when loosened allow the front post to be removed

Hope it helps

Yeh I think im just going to look for a new outer, although im afraid of the stability of the new outer because it wont be connected to anything if that makes sense, should it be sturdy enough tho?

Yeh I think im just going to look for a new outer, although im afraid of the stability of the new outer because it wont be connected to anything if that makes sense, should it be sturdy enough tho?

well as long as you replace the 'delta ring' it should be fine. once you take the rails off there is a black piece which has two prongs sticking out of it used to hold the allen keys for the rails in place. Twist that off and the rest of the outer barrel should come out. I do have a funny feeling I'm forgetting a step though :o

Why do u think it won't be connected to anything.I replaced my outer barrel and still run the free float that came the gun as the first ring still fits around the barrel at the receiver and the rail screws to that as does the second one.Its as stable as it was with the original barrel.At the end of the day the barrels are the same it just doesn't have the A post sight.

• Advertisement

T4RGET wrote: »
    well as long as you replace the 'delta ring' it should be fine. once you take the rails off there is a black piece which has two prongs sticking out of it used to hold the allen keys for the rails in place. Twist that off and the rest of the outer barrel should come out. I do have a funny feeling I'm forgetting a step though :o

The grey sleeve that sits inside the receiver needs to be removed as the raider barrel is smaller dia than other barrels but once this is removed the new barrel will slot straight in.

Cheers for the help lads, great help!

brenak47 wrote: »
    The grey sleeve that sits inside the receiver needs to be removed as the raider barrel is smaller dia than other barrels but once this is removed the new barrel will slot straight in.

yeah forgot to mention that, but you'll see it as soon as you try take it apart :)

Advertisement