Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options
  • 27-01-2014 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

MCD twitter page just announced this,tickets on sale Friday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

MCD twitter page just announced this,tickets on sale Friday

with miles kane and jake bugg ..!!:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Brilliant news, on a Saturday as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Nice! Very glad its on a Saturday - Marlay is awkward when you're far from it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

The day before my birthday? Don't mind if I do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Nice one! Any idea how much tickets will be?

Nice one! Any idea how much tickets will be?

61 + booking fee

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Knew they'd play a big gig this summer! Been waiting for the announcement! Looking forward to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Is it gonna be outdoors or in a marquee? Would much rather them in the Aviva, or doing a couple of nights in the O2. Feckin Marlay Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Deadly - I've never seen them live so this will be a real treat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Is it gonna be outdoors or in a marquee? Would much rather them in the Aviva, or doing a couple of nights in the O2. Feckin Marlay Park.

It will be outdoor!! They were always going to play an outdoor gig here on that weekend given that they are also headlining TITP!!

steve_r wrote: »

You're in for a treat

steve_r wrote: »

Unbelievable live act.

Sit yourself down for an hour and a half and watch their Glastonbury 2013 headline set. Quality!!

Some really good highlights from Oxegen aswell on YouTube.

Also, great support line up. Really compliment each other. I saw Miles Kane support Stone Roses in London last year, fantastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Ah yes nice one ,hopefully this also means the end of using the phoneix park

colmufc wrote: »
    Ah yes nice one ,hopefully this also means the end of using the phoneix park

Pretty safe to assume Phoenix Park will not be used this year.

I'm guessing the reason to moving to Marlay Park is that MCD will save a wagon load of cash given that Longitude is the following week.

All the main set ups like stages, lighting, fencing, flooring, bars, security areas etc can all be put in place for the Arctic Monkeys (and probably a gig on the Friday and Sunday also) and remain in place for Longitude the weekend after with only some minor works needed to prepare the site between events!!

Pretty safe to assume Phoenix Park will not be used this year.

I'm guessing the reason to moving to Marlay Park is that MCD will save a wagon load of cash given that Longitude is the following week.

All the main set ups like stages, lighting, fencing, flooring, bars, security areas etc can all be put in place for the Arctic Monkeys (and probably a gig on the Friday and Sunday also) and remain in place for Longitude the weekend after with only some minor works needed to prepare the site between events!!

The venue is superior in every way, car park buses all very easy to work its right beside the M50 so no delay once your out on the road ,it's the best venue in dublin

Any hotels recommendations near Marley Park?

colmufc wrote: »
    The venue is superior in every way, car park buses all very easy to work its right beside the M50 so no delay once your out on the road ,it's the best venue in dublin

Agreed.

Any idea on capacity? I'm having a guess at around 35,000.

Suppose it's a case of wait and see who else gets announced for Marlay Park at this stage. Personally, I think Foo Fighters would be perfectly suited to the venue if capacity was approx 35,000.

threein99 wrote: »
    Any hotels recommendations near Marley Park?

Marlay Park is easily accessible from Dublin City Centre so you will have no problems. Personally, I would stay city centre and get the bus (or special concert bus) to the venue.

If you want something closer, check out Bewleys Leopardstown, Stillorgan Park Hotel, The Beacon Hotel

Agreed.

Any idea on capacity? I'm having a guess at around 35,000.

Suppose it's a case of wait and see who else gets announced for Marlay Park at this stage. Personally, I think Foo Fighters would be perfectly suited to the venue if capacity was approx 35,000.

Ya it's 35,000 to 40,000 depending on which way they face the stage ,it was perfect a few years ago for Metallica the stage at the bottom of a slight hill and 40,000 capacity whereas the Kasabian show 2 years ago had the stage up the hill splitting the venue into an odd shape , foos would be awesome but had to say as they won't have an album out by then but that didn't not stop them playing witnness 2002 , looking forward to arctic monkeys now thou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Royal Blood are playing too, they are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

I like the Arctic Monkeys but its getting a bit annoying that Miles Kane is on the Bill every time they play a big gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Absolutely buzzing for this concert, love everyone playing and was hoping for the smaller ones to be announced on the longitude line up. Anyone find 61 relatively cheap for such a great line up?

Absolutely buzzing for this concert, love everyone playing and was hoping for the smaller ones to be announced on the longitude line up. Anyone find 61 relatively cheap for such a great line up?

It will be closer to 70 with the booking fee.

threein99 wrote: »
    It will be closer to 70 with the booking fee.

Yep, it will be the standard 61.50 plus 6.25 (usual service charge)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I thought they were very meh at EP last year . Would nearly only go for the support and plus going to see Miles Kane in The Academy.

Plus i cant stand your man Alex's stupid wannabe 50's american accent

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Will this sell out quick? Won't be back in the country until sunday evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

First time seeing them live, excited isn't the word :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Like an above poster said, sick of Miles Kane been on every one of their bills. Couldn't stand him when he supported Kasabian at O2 few years back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement