Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

There's no rank for miles. Will have to call one or flag one. Or take the #75.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Was there Sunday for Arcade Fire, trying to get a taxi was impossible. We ended up just walking home, took an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I don't see peoples problems with getting home. We followed the exit signs, walked for about 10 minutes, and then got on one of the many buses going back to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I don't see peoples problems with getting home. We followed the exit signs, walked for about 10 minutes, and then got on one of the many buses going back to the city.

If you're out a little bit quicker than most, then you're set. Otherwise you get bogged in the queues.
    Did the same after AF but had to wait around for an hour to get a bus.

Didn't bother me though as I expected it and am expecting it again tomorrow night :pac:

Noxin wrote: »
    If you're out a little bit quicker than most, then you're set. Otherwise you get bogged in the queues.
    Did the same after AF but had to wait around for an hour to get a bus.

Didn't bother me though as I expected it and am expecting it again tomorrow night :pac:

Yea it wasnt as bad as most other Marley gigs I have been to. Metallica a few years ago I remember to be messy getting home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,683 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think I'm going to regret not going to see these a few years ago, back when they were the just singing about getting pissed in Sheffield!

I really do like the AM album but to be honest, I really wish I was going to see a set of their more classic uptempo rockier songs from the first two albums, along with AM. Would like to hear the likes of Flourescent Adolescent, Mardy Bum, Sun Goes Down, Fake Tales of San Fransico etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Judging by the Arcade Fire thread getting out of there after after the gig was a total clusterfúck if you didn't drive and park there.

Might be a good idea to book a taxi in advance maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AdamH95

Does anyone know if there are shops and stuff in Marlay Park?

AdamH95 wrote: »

There is food stands and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

We got the 16 bus from O Connell Street at about 10 to 5. Arrived in Marlay about 6 o clock.

We got the 16 bus back in and we were back in town around midnight.

A good few people just walked out the exit by the stage without even reading what the exit was for.

I thought it was handy enough, apart from the fact that they were filling the buses at the same time instead of filling from the front and getting people back into town ASAP.

• Advertisement

AdamH95 wrote: »

As in food and drink stalls? Yeah there's loads! Dunno about a shop though

MadYaker wrote: »
    Judging by the Arcade Fire thread getting out of there after after the gig was a total clusterfúck if you didn't drive and park there.

Might be a good idea to book a taxi in advance maybe?

That might work but we rang a taxi after the gig and they said they weren't taking calls from that area as there was too many people and that they were just sending all free taxis in that direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AdamH95

As in food and drink stalls? Yeah there's loads! Dunno about a shop though

Yeah, well like, something you could arrange to meet someone at! I'm meeting a mate up there and figured it would be easier if we had something to meet by.

I have a wee question. Just wonderin, my friend got me my ticket online and printed it off, but there was 4 of them all together so he just scanned it and emailed it to be as I might not see him before the gig. Just wondering would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I have a wee question. Just wonderin, my friend got me my ticket online and printed it off, but there was 4 of them all together so he just scanned it and emailed it to be as I might not see him before the gig. Just wondering would that work?

Why didn't he just email you the original?..
    But yup if the Barcode is fine it should.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Why didn't he just email you the original?..
    But yup if the Barcode is fine it should.

I duno, he said cos the 4 were together and he couldn't send em separately, meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 opethf4an

Any ideas what time the AM will appear on stage?
    I would love to know about any handy carparks - let say in 15-30 mins walking distance in south or south- west direction.
    Never been on this venue and unfortumately gotta get bk home straight after, 100 miles away...
    Thanks for suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cat_layday

opethf4an wrote: »
    I would love to know about any handy carparks - let say in 15-30 mins walking distance in south or south- west direction.
    Never been on this venue and unfortumately gotta get bk home straight after, 100 miles away...

am are due on at 8.45pm, while jake bugg is to be at 7pm, miles kane at 5.30pm and royal blood at 4.20pm. i think the stage times are a bit ridiculous for people that get there when gates open at 3pm as they'll be left waiting for about 1hr and a half.

lads, think they'll be strict on checking id on the day or the whole under 16s must be accompanied by someone over 25? just curious, or anyone know if they are from previous gigs? bc i'd rather know in advance

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

cat_layday wrote: »
    am are due on at 8.45pm, while jake bugg is to be at 7pm, miles kane at 5.30pm and royal blood at 4.20pm. i think the stage times are a bit ridiculous for people that get there when gates open at 3pm as they'll be left waiting for about 1hr and a half.

That usually happens with the gate opening time and the first act on . It gives people extra time to get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

lads, think they'll be strict on checking id on the day or the whole under 16s must be accompanied by someone over 25? just curious, or anyone know if they are from previous gigs? bc i'd rather know in advance

I was 16 when I went to Kasabian and Noel Gallagher 2 years ago in Marlay Park. That gig came hot on the heals of the infamous SHM gig in Phoenix park where 9 people were stabbed and 2 died after overdosing. Entering Marlay Park that day was like a military operation; pat downs, METAL DETECTORS and countless Gardaí, but they were not inforcing the age thing at all. They were more concerned with what you had on you then what age you were, which was understandable after the tragedy of Phoenix Park.

I would imagibe you'll have no difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davysrfc

If your early, theres an estate up the road off Taylors Lane called Glenmore Park. Quiet area ya can park in. Also at the 16 bus stop at St Endas Park carpark theres one outside the gates.

That usually happens with the gate opening time and the first act on . It gives people extra time to get in

i know but i just think the stage times for the other gigs in marlay now are better as the first support comes on after about half an hour after gates open and gates don't open as early. but i do suppose some won't mind waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

i know but i just think the stage times for the other gigs in marlay now are better as the first support comes on after about half an hour after gates open and gates don't open as early. but i do suppose some won't mind waiting

Why don't you just go in before the first band comes on?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

davysrfc wrote: »
    If your early, theres an estate up the road off Taylors Lane called Glenmore Park. Quiet area ya can park in. Also at the 16 bus stop at St Endas Park carpark theres one outside the gates.

Dont park in housing estates...

There is a superquinn quite close to the venue, about a 10 minute walk, you could park there.

There is also a carpark outisde the church in Ballinteer which is even closer again.

A bit further out there is a row of shops on ballinteer avenue, there is a nice little carpark behind those shops.

Further away there is nutgrove which plenty of people walked to after other giggs, will be a walk uphill to get to the park but a nice downhill walk to get back to your car. this would be a 30 minute walk though.

There is no need to park in housing estates, it is not fair on residents.

Thanks a mill for that...

I`m just curious why i can`t find these informations on the ticket/ website. I went to ticketmaster to buy a ticket for Arctic Monkeys so i would like to know what time i`ll be able to use the service i paid for. I`m not saying that the rest of performers are crap - i`m on the stage in same group ;)
    Why the heck it`s always a mistery on every single gig?

davysrfc wrote: »

Thanks for that.
    I`ll come up around 8pm, so i will have to drop the car wherever :)
    I know where the Marlay Pk is, but never been there before. Which entrance will be used for the gig? Or maybe which entrance is the closest to the stage? ;)
    Thakns again..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Apparently there's a pit for KoL. A possibility for next Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

There is a superquinn quite close to the venue, about a 10 minute walk, you could park there.

There is also a carpark outisde the church in Ballinteer which is even closer again.

A bit further out there is a row of shops on ballinteer avenue, there is a nice little carpark behind those shops.

Further away there is nutgrove which plenty of people walked to after other giggs, will be a walk uphill to get to the park but a nice downhill walk to get back to your car. this would be a 30 minute walk though.

Is the Superquinn free to park in?

I've never driven up before, hoping to catch Royal Blood so could I get parking in Marlay if I'm there by 4 or should I look elsewhere?

• Advertisement

That`s very helpfull - thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement