Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Is the Superquinn free to park in?

I've never driven up before, hoping to catch Royal Blood so could I get parking in Marlay if I'm there by 4 or should I look elsewhere?

All the places I mentioned are free...

actually, I should point out, even though it might be obvious, the superquinn is Supervalu now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Can we all agree to chant for A Certain Romance? :pac: The one tune I'd love to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Can we all agree to chant for A Certain Romance? :pac: The one tune I'd love to hear!

I'd rather the full tune than the stripped back version Alex played at Finsbury but sure!

I'd like D is for Dangerous but I've accepted that I'll probably never hear that live. :P

I could go on for days about tunes I wish they would play or would love to hear. They have so many that have the potential to be epic live that they never play, and yet Alex says how he doesn't like playing the same stuff all the time!

I'd love to hear Despair in the Departure Lounge or Put Your Dukes Up John would be deadly! "Change your tune and change your hair or you're not goin anywhere" :D Oh well, perhaps someday they will do a B-Side tour! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 opethf4an

One more question from my side...
    Do yes think there will be a chance to buy tickets on the gig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I could go on for days about tunes I wish they would play or would love to hear. They have so many that have the potential to be epic live that they never play, and yet Alex says how he doesn't like playing the same stuff all the time!

I'd love to hear Despair in the Departure Lounge or Put Your Dukes Up John would be deadly! "Change your tune and change your hair or you're not goin anywhere" :D Oh well, perhaps someday they will do a B-Side tour! :D

The Bakery too. One can only dream :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

opethf4an wrote: »
    One more question from my side...
    Do yes think there will be a chance to buy tickets on the gig?

There will probably be touts outside but expect to pay through the nose - I wouldn't rely on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Nah, the one song, i'd love to hear would have to be either Leave Before The Lights Come On, or Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts, never gonna happen but, i can dream..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Cigarette Smoker Fiona. A guy can dream, can't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 opethf4an

There will probably be touts outside but expect to pay through the nose - I wouldn't rely on it.

So not a chance for official sale on gates? hmmm...

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    Cigarette Smoker Fiona. A guy can dream, can't he?

If you wanna dream you may as well dream for the original Cigarette Smoke! :P

Ah yes, AM B-Side banter :D While we're at it why not Knock A Door Run or Choo Choo from Beneath the Boardwalk? :pac:

The Bakery would be glorious @ Peeka or Too Much Too Ask, something along that line!

peekachoo wrote: »
    If you wanna dream you may as well dream for the original Cigarette Smoke! :P

Nah, not near as good.;)

I'm actually upsetting myself now cause I know these will just never materialise :o

I'd settle for Cornerstone if I'm honest. Probably one of, if not my favourite Monkeys tune. And they've been playing it on and off recently so I'm kinda hopeful.
    Yeno, as long as Alex doesn't try to reenact *that* music video.

Just had a look at the setlist from the first time I seen them in The AMbassador (See what I did there).

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2006/ambassador-theatre-dublin-ireland-23d0a8ff.html

/nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Chances of getting parking in the park car park if I show up around 3:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

What alcohol is sold at Marlay Park gigs does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    What alcohol is sold at Marlay Park gigs does anyone know?

Heineken and wine last weekend anyway, same as Kilmainham so I presume no change.

Standard gig drink.

You could get vodka and Red Bull at the Biffy gig last week in Kilmainham so they might have that at AM too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Acid Tongue

JamieHP wrote: »
    Nah, the one song, i'd love to hear would have to be either Leave Before The Lights Come On, or Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts, never gonna happen but, i can dream..

I was just thinking that myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Talk of there being a pit at KOL tonight. That'd be good news.

peekachoo wrote: »
    I'm actually upsetting myself now cause I know these will just never materialise :o

I'd settle for Cornerstone if I'm honest. Probably one of, if not my favourite Monkeys tune. And they've been playing it on and off recently so I'm kinda hopeful.
    Yeno, as long as Alex doesn't try to reenact *that* music video.

Haha I absolutely adore that music video, it's intentionally bad/hilarious!! But yeah Cornerstone is possibly my fav AM tune (Humbug is my fav album of theres with Fav Worst Nightmare a close 2nd), they played it at the o2 gig a few years back and it was so good but they seemed to drop it from regular play after the Humbug tour :(

Haha I absolutely adore that music video, it's intentionally bad/hilarious!! But yeah Cornerstone is possibly my fav AM tune (Humbug is my fav album of theres with Fav Worst Nightmare a close 2nd), they played it at the o2 gig a few years back and it was so good but they seemed to drop it from regular play after the Humbug tour :(

"Alex Turner can pretend to be cool with his leather jacket and quiff, but that won't change the fact that the Cornerstone video happened." - youtube comment :D
    Ah stop. The video makes me so happy ahaha.
    I know. They played it in Finsbury Park, and A Certain Romance! Hoping naively for a repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'd love to see a Last Shadow Puppets song with Miles brought out. They got that one of the nights of Finsbury, instead of A Certain Romance though.

Which would ye prefer, given the choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I'd love to see a Last Shadow Puppets song with Miles brought out. They got that one of the nights of Finsbury, instead of A Certain Romance though.

Which would ye prefer, given the choice?

A certain Romance everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hibernia93

Anyone booked on Marathon Sports for the bus service??? I booked the 2'0 clock that's too early for my group does anyone think If I give them a ring on Monday they'll be able to switch me to the 3'0 Clock bus???.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hibernia93 wrote: »
    Anyone booked on Marathon Sports for the bus service??? I booked the 2'0 clock that's too early for my group does anyone think If I give them a ring on Monday they'll be able to switch me to the 3'0 Clock bus???.

I think you should be ok for any time tbh . Once you have a ticket you are ok . I think when i used them for Bon Jovi last year all they do is ask for your name and probably your receipt and you are grand .

I think you should be ok for any time tbh . Once you have a ticket you are ok . I think when i used them for Bon Jovi last year all they do is ask for your name and probably your receipt and you are grand .

Ahh that's brilliant cheers thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hibernia93 wrote: »
    Ahh that's brilliant cheers thanks.

No problem , But id say it wouldnt hurt to give them a ring just incase . Dont want to be the one to F'up your trip ha

• Advertisement

No problem , But id say it wouldnt hurt to give them a ring just incase . Dont want to be the one to F'up your trip ha

HAHA We wouldn't want that I'll bell them on Monday like planned anyway thanks again :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement