Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Looper007 wrote: »
    But Monkey's have never been that type of band to kiss the ass of their crowd, they do as they please. Only at Glastonbury was the only time I seen them try to tick the boxes. At KOL gigs I always feel lacks a bit of soul for me just throw out the hits a bit like Oasis at the end for me.

I know, something ya gotta love and hate about em at the same time.
    But nobody can deny Glasto was spectacular. Wish I was there.

I've seen Mardy Bum live, just sayin' :cool:

:(
    Getting v excited for this now! Can't wait for Crying Lightning and the glorious 505!

Miles Kane will hardly turn up for 505 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Now that I think of it at the O2 gig back in 09 he played Florescent Adolescent with a snippet of Mardy Bum at the end and in the middle of Crying Lightning he launched into 'If you want my body and you think I'm sexy come on sugar let me know' It was epic! So, hopefully Alex mixes it up a little bit like that :)

That was an awful gig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

threein99 wrote: »
    That was an awful gig

I thought it was fine not their best by any means, I think Humbug isn't a album to play in Arena's to be fair (think it's a hugely underrated album) and Turner was smoking far too much weed that day. Still think Malahide gig was their best for me.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I thought it was fine not their best by any means, I think Humbug isn't a album to play in Arena's to be fair (think it's a hugely underrated album) and Turner was smoking far too much weed that day. Still think Malahide gig was their best for me.

I remember it being about 75 minutes long, and they seemed completely disinterested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

It was my 1st ever gig, I was 15 and absolutely obsessed with AM with Humbug debatably being my favourite AM album. The lights for Dance Little Liar absolutely blew me away and that guitar at the end was epic live, that's still one of my favourite gig moments, needless to say that gig blew my away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭riskshamam

Has Miles Kane been with them the entire tour does anyone know?

peekachoo wrote: »
    I know, something ya gotta love and hate about em at the same time.
    But nobody can deny Glasto was spectacular. Wish I was there.

:(

Miles Kane will hardly turn up for 505 ;)

I reckon he could well come on for it! He tends to when he's at festivals that AM are at doesn't he? And he is supporting so it could happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

He didn't come out for 505 when I saw them in May on this tour, but he might do it Sat I suppose!

This was the setlist that night:

'Do I Wanna Know?'
    'Snap Out Of It'
    'Arabella'
    'Brianstorm'
    'Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair'
    'Dancing Shoes'
    'Library Pictures'
    'Crying Lightning'
    'Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High'
    'Fireside'
    'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor'
    'She's Thunderstorms'
    'Number One Party Anthem'
    'Cornerstone'
    'Knee Socks'
    'Fluorescent Adolescent'
    '505'
    'A Certain Romance'
    'One For The Road'
    'I Wanna Be Yours'
    'R U Mine?'

I'd take that again please :)

maximoose wrote: »
    He didn't come out for 505 when I saw them in May on this tour, but he might do it Sat I suppose!

This was the setlist that night:

'Do I Wanna Know?'
    'Snap Out Of It'
    'Arabella'
    'Brianstorm'
    'Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair'
    'Dancing Shoes'
    'Library Pictures'
    'Crying Lightning'
    'Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High'
    'Fireside'
    'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor'
    'She's Thunderstorms'
    'Number One Party Anthem'
    'Cornerstone'
    'Knee Socks'
    'Fluorescent Adolescent'
    '505'
    'A Certain Romance'
    'One For The Road'
    'I Wanna Be Yours'
    'R U Mine?'

I'd take that again please :)

It's the same as the usual AM tour set list, with a certain romance thrown in. I'd love that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You're grand so because that's the exact same as the one they played a few days ago.

• Advertisement

You're grand so because that's the exact same as the one they played a few days ago.

Except for a certain romance thrown in

It seems Shes Thunderstorms and A Certain Romance are being dropped in and out of the set. Perhaps depending on crowd reaction, get your screams of delight ready lads :P

It seems Shes Thunderstorms and A Certain Romance are being dropped in and out of the set. Perhaps depending on crowd reaction, get your screams of delight ready lads :P

I've only seen a certain romance mentioned once on a recent setlist, I dont think they play it often at all. Seriously though let's get the "A CERTAIN ROMANCE" chant going !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

A Certain Romance has only been played once recently and that was an acoustic version by Alex alone which hasn't a patch on the original with the full band!

riskshamam wrote: »
    I've only seen a certain romance mentioned once on a recent setlist, I dont think they play it often at all. Seriously though let's get the "A CERTAIN ROMANCE" chant going !!!

And when we do that and make them force play it, we go directly into a mardy bum chant? :D:cool:

I just really, really, really wanna hear Cornerstone live. It's been dropping in and out of setlists too and ill be gutted if they dont play it.

I wonder what they'd do if we got a chant going. They'd hardly refuse us would they? :o

If it was any other band, no.
    Monkeys? They'll probably say "f*ck off" and finish the show :pac:

More then likely they'd just be like pffffft ungrateful d*cks :P Look all we're asking for is Mardy Bum, Cornerstone and A Certain Romance, and sure he might add another 10 songs on to the set while he's at it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I wonder what they'd do if we got a chant going. They'd hardly refuse us would they? :o

Went to see Maximo Park a few weeks ago in Whelans and some people at the front kept asking for "The Coast Is Always Changing" but the singer said "We haven't been playing that song. it's just not something we have in our arsenal at the moment but we'll play this instead" playing Signal & Sign.

When they came back out for encore, they opened with The Coast Is Always Changing.

So it works sometimes :)

Im gonna camp at marlay friday night to ensure I'm front row.
    Then have a huge banner saying
    "IT'S ~SOMEONES~ BIRTHDAY HERE (SURELY)
    PLAY CORNERSTONE...
    AND MARDY BUM...
    AND A CERTAIN ROMANCE".

Its grand lads. I got this. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Likely set times? No pit by the looks of it? Best bet to get a Marathon Bus?

Just found this online:

Arctic Monkeys – 20:45
    Jake Bugg – 19:00
    Miles Kane – 17:30
    Royal Blood – 16.20

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

would love to go see Arctic Monkeys live they're a quality band

would love to go see Arctic Monkeys live they're a quality band

Why don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EoinT89

No tickets :(, does anyone know where it's possible to get tickets besides Adverts.ie.. no luck there

toutless.ie

Also there's usually touts at the gates but you'll pay through the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

Do you folks think there's any realistic chance of ticketmaster releasing another batch of tickets this week or are we too close to the date?

Yeah it's likely enough, just check back every day.

Jazzzman wrote: »
    Do you folks think there's any realistic chance of ticketmaster releasing another batch of tickets this week or are we too close to the date?

Keep checking toutless, I sold two tickets the day of the QOTSA gig last November, people always end up not being able to make it at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Likely time this will finish up? Trying to sort booking a coach home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

They only do surprises really when they do big gigs in England or any homecoming gigs. So just expect the usual set list any other county is getting maybe we might get a Miles Kane last shadow puppet duet but I don't see us getting any kind of special treatment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement