Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

threein99 wrote: »
    I remember it being about 75 minutes long, and they seemed completely disinterested

Yeah I wrote a review of the gig a few years back and had a look at it. I said the exact same thing but they had a few good moments that stops it been a failure like you think it is. That's why I find it weird that many people want to hear Humbug songs been played, I just personally think they don't go over that well at big gigs. Crying lighting and Cornerstone have become standards and Pretty vistors got a run out and now My propeller. I like to see Dance little liar bought back and Jewellers Hand too. But how will they go over is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

D.Q wrote: »
    Likely time this will finish up? Trying to sort booking a coach home.

10:45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

toutless.ie

Also there's usually touts at the gates but you'll pay through the nose.

I have not seen touts at any of the marley gigs this year. The garda have been pretty strict so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭riskshamam

So... Has anybody on this forum got the influence/determination to somehow get the word out to start a chant at the end of *insert song* for a certain romance. I mean if the whole croud get going how unreal would it be? I mean if we really got it going there's no way he would be able to turn it down. My opinion he'd make a joke, then say maybe later and then finish with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Is there a facebook event or something?

• Advertisement

peekachoo wrote: »
    Is there a facebook event or something?

I dont think so. I was going to suggest making one but then we have the problem of getting people to join.

Edit: I just had a look and yes in fact there is one. It has, unfortunately only one single like. I mean we could post something there but I dont see it making a difference 😂

Oh wait. Me and my friends are actually heading to marlay at like 12 cos theyre mad for barrier. We could just tell people in the que? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I think there is. I'm on my phone now but search "Arctic monkeys marlay park" and it should come up.

I think there is. I'm on my phone now but search "Arctic monkeys marlay park" and it should come up.

I just had a look and yes in fact there is one. It has, unfortunately only one single like. I mean we could post something there but I dont see it making a difference

https://m.facebook.com/events/463291060444237

This is the one. 1.7k going is surely enough to put a dent in it

• Advertisement

Oh wait. Me and my friends are actually heading to marlay at like 12 cos theyre mad for barrier. We could just tell people in the que? :pac:

Go for it. Can't do any harm

Ooh. 1.7k! Now riskshamam, off you go to spread the good word! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

You could probably get to the barrier if you were there just before Jake Bugg comes in imo. People don't usually bother getting up close until the band they are there to see are soon on, in my experience! Will be aiming to be within 3/4 people away from the front myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

What's the weather going to be like?

Ooh. 1.7k! Now riskshamam, off you go to spread the good word! :cool:

Riskshamam is unfortunately not in possession of a Facebook account, deleted it last year due to the awfulness of it. I'm able to search and look but I can't post.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

Officer999 wrote: »
    What's the weather going to be like?

Not promising...http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

So is anybody going to volunteer to do the honours and post in the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

riskshamam wrote: »
    So is anybody going to volunteer to do the honours and post in the event?

done

JamieHP wrote: »
    done

Want to pick a song that we will start chanting after and post it? Otherwise we won't know when to start

Have they ever played old yellow bricks live?

Also yeah we need a cue.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Anyone in the Roscommon area looking for a ticket. Selling at face value, Not looking to make a profit, Just genuine reason for not going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Couple of friends and I planning on doing the same thing. One of my friends in particular, I told him we could probably show up a bit later and be grand but he's not havin' any of it, 12 is the very latest we'll be getting there. I'll help spread the word. :P

Edit: Does the fact that it's 5 syllables make it awkward to chant?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Best driving route to avoid the traffic? Trying to remember the way we went for Kasabian two years ago but can't 100% remember.

Parnell Road, up through Ranelagh, Milltown and into Churchtown and around by Ballinteer should avoid most of the traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Just edited it for after One For The Road

riskshamam wrote: »
    So yeah we need a cue, so I'm going to say after they play One For The Road. Anyone have any other suggestions or reasons why thats a bad choice then fire away but otherwise JamieHP can post that on Facebook. I'll tell everybody I know who's going and so should everybody else who sees this!!! Also as somebody mentioned before, try and spread the word when standing in line, getting a concert bus or when you're anywhere with a large group of monkeys fans.

So remember, after One For The Road is played we launch into "A CERTAIN ROMANCE". Let's do this!!!

FYP :P

FYP :P

Hahaha ya thanks :P

I really hope this works. I'll have ye Boards people on the brain if the chant kicks off (which it will).

Couple of friends and I planning on doing the same thing. One of my friends in particular, I told him we could probably show up a bit later and be grand but he's not havin' any of it, 12 is the very latest we'll be getting there. I'll help spread the word. :P

Edit: Does the fact that it's 5 syllables make it awkward to chant?

Good man! This could really work!

Ya I was thinking that, but if we split it into two and go "CER-Tain ROM-Ance" it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

Best driving route to avoid the traffic? Trying to remember the way we went for Kasabian two years ago but can't 100% remember.

Parnell Road, up through Ranelagh, Milltown and into Churchtown and around by Ballinteer should avoid most of the traffic?

I live in Ballinteer and that's the way I would come in from town. What time are you planning on getting there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Lads he is not going to respond to this chant idea in my opinion. For big arena tours and whatnot they have the stage lights and everything preset for each song, there is never any room for improv.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement