Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

Hopefully trying to get out there for 5 I'd say to meet my mates, 40 mins to drive? Going to be cutting it tight so don't mind walking a bit.

Id say 40 minutes would be loads of time and I'd imagine you would get parking in the park that early.
    My estate is around 30 seconds from the entrance and most of the gigs this year have been quiet enough until later in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Looking for 1 ticket if anyone has a spare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Would arriving at 3 (getting the 2pm marathon bus on the quays) be a decent enough time to get close to/at the barrier? Never been to Marlay Park before.

First time at an AM gig so I'm ridiculously excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'm looking for one ticket if anyone has a spare PM me and I can come to meet anywhere in the Dublin area.

Anyone have an idea what might be the sweet spot for Ticketmaster releasing more tickets ? What time does it normally happen 9am ? Or is it pretty random ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I'm looking for one ticket if anyone has a spare PM me and I can come to meet anywhere in the Dublin area.

Anyone have an idea what might be the sweet spot for Ticketmaster releasing more tickets ? What time does it normally happen 9am ? Or is it pretty random ?

Not sure about that.
    I bought mine a month ago, when they released a bunch of tickets (after appearing sold out for a while), it was around 1 pm. Might not necessarily be 9 am.

I'd say keep a close eye on the ticketmaster site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

what are people's advice on how to get to / from Marlay from the city centre?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    what are people's advice on how to get to / from Marlay from the city centre?

If you would rather pay extra to get there and back a lot easier/quicker id book with Marathon Travel . If you get the dublin bus number 16 you run the risk of getting stuck in traffic on the way out and not getting on one on the way back into town after the gig

If you would rather pay extra to get there and back a lot easier/quicker id book with Marathon Travel . If you get the dublin bus number 16 you run the risk of getting stuck in traffic on the way out and not getting on one on the way back into town after the gig

+1
    I was at the Arcade Fire gig. We took cabs on the way up (a big bunch of us) and it was grand. But we didn't get out quickly enough after, and we couldn't find anything. We had to walk a good 4-5k before finding a taxi.

Going on my own this time so it is indeed Marathon travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Hey guys lookin for two tickets for me and the missus if you know anyone or know any ads send them my way please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Just a heads up that the Marathon coach tickets are "non-refundable" if you book online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Hope the rain holds off for Saturday.. Although it wasn't too bad when it pissed for KOL last week, I'd still rather not wear a poncho!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

BubbaM wrote: »
    Hope the rain holds off for Saturday.. Although it wasn't too bad when it pissed for KOL last week, I'd still rather not wear a poncho!

well it's not looking good hear its going to be raining sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭riskshamam

Anyone searching for tickets I would advise checking the Facebook event.

Looper007 wrote: »
    well it's not looking good hear its going to be raining sadly.

Yeah the majority of websites are forecasting some sort of rain but not as high a % as last week so might get a bit luckier!

BubbaM wrote: »
    Yeah the majority of websites are forecasting some sort of rain but not as high a % as last week so might get a bit luckier!

yeah, weather.com currently gives a 30% chance of rain.
    I reckon too early to be sure, rain gear with me regardless!!

Irish Aris wrote: »
    yeah, weather.com currently gives a 30% chance of rain.
    I reckon too early to be sure, rain gear with me regardless!!

Weather.com said 100% chance around this time last week for the KOL gig and 70% on the day.. It came down heavy at one stage but the poncho saved me!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Just wondering if the ground is a mud fest here after all the gigs and if I'll need to purchase some wellies?! :-)

dashdoll wrote: »
    Just wondering if the ground is a mud fest here after all the gigs and if I'll need to purchase some wellies?! :-)

The ground was firm at the Kings of Leon gig last week so I'd say it will be fine still.. My feet still got soaked though so wellies might be a good idea if it's raining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Looper007 wrote: »
    Need a little advice here. taking my Girlfriend to the gig but she's not a fan of this kind of music so just wondering where are the less hassled places to stand at gigs as I don't want her moaning and groaning at me.

As far away from your girlfriend as possible? ☺

symbolic wrote: »
    As far away from your girlfriend as possible? ☺

Dump her

• Advertisement

I know someone looking for a ticket. DM me if anyone has one spare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

What is the story with Marathon Travel?

I'm just after booking three bus tickets for Saturday, is the booking confirmation that actual ticket or what?

Maybe I should of researched this before booking :P

I'm just after booking three bus tickets for Saturday, is the booking confirmation that actual ticket or what?

I got that confirmation email aswell. 3 days later I got another email with an "invoice" attached. When I clicked on that PDF it gave me a sheet with all the details and up top it said ''travel ticket". I'm assuming if they ask for a ticket I'll just show them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, the one marked invoice is your travel ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 VelvetVicks

That's your ticket! My auntie didn't even get an invoice but when she rang she was told the confirmation will be enough on the day. So either should do you

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah, the one marked invoice is your travel ticket.

Does that have to be printed or will they just accept it on my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd print it just to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Do ye think those Marathon tickets will sell out or would you be okay to just turn up at any of the times?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

If anyone is still looking for a ticket, I can put you in contact with someone who is looking to get rid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Do ye think those Marathon tickets will sell out or would you be okay to just turn up at any of the times?

Well you cant get them on the day , You need to pre book them before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement