Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SimplyBlue

Well you cant get them on the day , You need to pre book them before

Well marathon travel's website says differently...
    "1. Do I have to book online to get this Marlay Park Bus Service or can arrive on the day without a booking?
    You do not have to book in advance you can arrive on the day with no pre-booking. The advantage of pre-booking is that you will get the discounted fare. If you arrive on the day with no pre-booking you will be charged €10 return."

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

So what time will the gig actually start at and what time will it finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    So what time will the gig actually start at and what time will it finish?

Royal Blood are on at 4.20.

AM due at 8.45, expect around quarter to half 10 finish.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

SimplyBlue wrote: »
    Well marathon travel's website says differently...
    "1. Do I have to book online to get this Marlay Park Bus Service or can arrive on the day without a booking?
    You do not have to book in advance you can arrive on the day with no pre-booking. The advantage of pre-booking is that you will get the discounted fare. If you arrive on the day with no pre-booking you will be charged €10 return."

Maybe they have changed the way it was run from Kasabian/Noel Gallagher since we went up to the bus and they said tickets for the bus were was sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Would you be absolutely flogged buying tickets off touts up there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'd say so, you'd be better off jumping on the Facebook event page/toutless/etc and trying your luck there. Keep refreshing and all that, there's bound to be a few last minute cancellations.

I read earlier in this thread that people actually haven't seen many (if any) touts around Marley this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

LESS THAN 48 HOURS TO GO.

Going to listen to the AM Playlist non stop at work all day tomorrow.

Hon ta F**k!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I wouldn't panic yet if I were you.

Try toutless, plenty of time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Well you cant get them on the day , You need to pre book them before

I bought a ticket from them on the day to Arcade Fire.

Anyone with an update on the ground conditions? Would runners be ok?

I bought a ticket from them on the day to Arcade Fire.

Anyone with an update on the ground conditions? Would runners be ok?

Was talking to someone who was at Macklemore and they said it's grand, a bit muddy in places but runners should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Was talking to someone who was at Macklemore and they said it's grand, a bit muddy in places but runners should be fine.

Was there tonight,you'll be grand with runners,only spots with abit of mud is on the way in..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Was there tonight,you'll be grand with runners,only spots with abit of mud is on the way in..

Was there a pit? I was there at Kanye last week and can only assume there won't be a pit as there wasn't last week, but Kanye wasn't sold out but Macklemore and AM are so just wanted to be 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Are they strict on no outside.food being brought in? My coeliac friend is worried they'll take her food and she won't be able to eat til she gets back home as I imagine the food places won't be doing coeliac friendly stuff. Anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Booked a return ticket with Marathon but the only available time left was 7. Are there any Dublin Bus routes that go to Marlay park from in and around the city centre? Would like to get down there a bit earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,683 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wonder what the weather will be like? I'm no weather forecaster but looks like between 2-4pm have the most chance of rain.

Actually, any idea if therewill be poncho's on sale/freebies around, ya know just in case like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

What bus would I be aiming for from the city centre to Marlay Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

buyer95 wrote: »
    What bus would I be aiming for from the city centre to Marlay Park?

16 leaves you at the door. The 14 a 10 min walk.

Bus should take 50 min from town.

Or get the luas. A two can walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

FitzShane wrote: »
    Wonder what the weather will be like? I'm no weather forecaster but looks like between 2-4pm have the most chance of rain.

Actually, any idea if therewill be poncho's on sale/freebies around, ya know just in case like.

The forecast is for scattered outbreaks of rain through the day, its hard to know whether wellies will be required or not, earlier in the week it was meant to be persistent rain during the morning and late afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

FitzShane wrote: »

Got a Poncho in Heatons for 2.50 the other day, clear ones. Euro store have them as well for 1.50 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,683 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

threein99 wrote: »
    The forecast is for scattered outbreaks of rain through the day, its hard to know whether wellies will be required or not, earlier in the week it was meant to be persistent rain during the morning and late afternoon.

Cheers, hopefully it can hold off for a day :)
    andreac wrote: »
    Got a Poncho in Heatons for 2.50 the other day, clear ones. Euro store have them as well for 1.50 i think.

Sound! poncho, shorts & wellies! Now I just have to get wellies & a poncho :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 starfair

Are they strict on no outside.food being brought in? My coeliac friend is worried they'll take her food and she won't be able to eat til she gets back home as I imagine the food places won't be doing coeliac friendly stuff. Anyone know for sure?

I was at Kings of Leon last week and I was able to bring in outside food, it wasn't taken from me when they checked my bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Bassjacker

We are getting the Marathon travel bus out so will be getting dropped at the venue. Are there any pubs close by that would be showing the Clare V Wexford match.

Hey guys! Need to get to Marlay Park but the marathon bus are sold out for tomorrow!! I'll be travelling from Dublin city, anyone know what I can do to get to Marlay? Any other coaches offering there services!?

Thanks in advance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Bassjacker wrote: »
    We are getting the Marathon travel bus out so will be getting dropped at the venue. Are there any pubs close by that would be showing the Clare V Wexford match.

The ballinteer house or the coach house. Or the eden

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭riskshamam

So AM are headlining T in the park tonight. I would assume they're gonna change the setlist up a little since they're headlining a British festival? MAAAYBE that could benefit us the next day if he's still in a good mood :P

Hey guys! Need to get to Marlay Park but the marathon bus are sold out for tomorrow!! I'll be travelling from Dublin city, anyone know what I can do to get to Marlay? Any other coaches offering there services!?

Thanks in advance!!

Get Dublin bus. No. 16 is your best bet I think

riskshamam wrote: »
    So AM are headlining T in the park tonight. I would assume they're gonna change the setlist up a little since they're headlining a British festival? MAAAYBE that could benefit us the next day if he's still in a good mood :P

Clutching at straws

threein99 wrote: »
    Clutching at straws

He will change it up for t in the park though won't he?

I wouldn't class that as particularly special festival

• Advertisement

I'd be shocked. 3 concerts in 3 days for them, I'd say they just want to get it out of the way.

A real shame, I'd say our best chance of them "changing it up" would be the inclusion of Cornerstone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement