Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭riskshamam

threein99 wrote: »
    I wouldn't class that as particularly special festival

Fair enough. Sure time will tell

riskshamam wrote: »
    Get Dublin bus. No. 16 is your best bet I think

Will that not be packed tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Depends what time you go for it...at the risk of sounding sexist if you're a girl you can just push your way to the front and you'll be grand.

No idea. Anyway there'll be a good few buses so you should be alright. Maybe show up for the bus at 1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'd be shocked. 3 concerts in 3 days for them, I'd say they just want to get it out of the way.

A real shame, I'd say our best chance of them "changing it up" would be the inclusion of Cornerstone.

I'd gladly take that! :P gladly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

FitzShane wrote: »
    Wonder what the weather will be like? I'm no weather forecaster but looks like between 2-4pm have the most chance of rain.

Actually, any idea if therewill be poncho's on sale/freebies around, ya know just in case like.

I was at Macklemore and it lashed, they were selling clear plastic ponchos for a fiver. You'd be better off just bringing some sort of rainjacket really. The ground near the barrier got really mucky too so wear shoes you don't care much about.

The forecast said scattered showers and 20 degrees for yesterday and it rained from about 4-7:30 so I wouldn't put much faith in any forecast you read

According to AccuWeather there'll be showers in the afternoon but by 5 or 6 there's only a 25% chance and then from 8 onwards there's a fantastic 6% chance of rain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

riskshamam wrote: »
    According to AccuWeather there'll be showers in the afternoon but by 5 or 6 there's only a 25% chance and then from 8 onwards there's a fantastic 6% chance of rain :D

weather.com on the other hand still gives showers all day, chance of rain 50-60%.
    Go figure. . .
    I think I will play it safe. . .

Irish Aris wrote: »
    weather.com on the other hand still gives showers all day, chance of rain 50-60%.
    Go figure. . .
    I think I will play it safe. . .

Era feck off with your weather.com :P AccuWeather is a trusted source

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is the Eden pub fairly ok for drinking in beforehand? Or are they bit stricter when gigs are on? Someone said last week they stopped letting people in around 4/5 the day of Kings of Leon. Staying in Bewleys so thinking of heading over to the Eden around 3 so hoping we will get in ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Will there be somewhere to leave bags etc. as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    Will there be somewhere to leave bags etc. as well?

No. You must carry it with you at all times. I brought one to Macklemore and it was a terrible idea so for AM I am just going to leave it. Do you really need a bag? Everyone will be pushing an shoving and your bag will get caught in between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Are they strict on no outside.food being brought in? My coeliac friend is worried they'll take her food and she won't be able to eat til she gets back home as I imagine the food places won't be doing coeliac friendly stuff. Anyone know for sure?
    At macklemore last night I'm 99% sure there was a coeliac friendly hot food stand.
    I really don't know if you are allowed to bring food in, bloody silly rule based on extracting profit if so. I was helping at the bar so I didn't get searched so don't know what they are like on that score ... its a Heineken bar BTW,

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Monkeys are not playing T tonight, they're headlining Sunday night.. They played last night in Portugal and have a break today so should be nice and fresh for tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Batesy wrote: »
    Do I Wanna Know?
    Snap Out of It
    Arabella
    Brianstorm
    Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
    Dancing Shoes
    Library Pictures
    Crying Lightning
    Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
    Fireside
    I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
    She's Thunderstorms
    No. 1 Party Anthem
    Cornerstone
    Knee Socks
    Fluorescent Adolescent

Encore:
    A Certain Romance
    One for the Road
    I Wanna Be Yours
    R U Mine?

Yesterday at Lisbon's Nos Alive festival, they changed it up slightly. My Propeller and Black Sabath's War Pigs were both played. No sign of A Certain Romance, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

buyer95 wrote: »
    Yesterday at Lisbon's Nos Alive festival, they changed it up slightly. My Propeller and Black Sabath's War Pigs were both played. No sign of A Certain Romance, sadly.

They've been playing them the whole time, as far as I know, I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

This was what they played last night. Do I Wanna Know?
    Snap Out of It
    Arabella
    (with War Pigs snippet)
    Brianstorm
    Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
    Dancing Shoes
    Crying Lightning
    Knee Socks
    (Extended outro)
    My Propeller
    I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
    Library Pictures
    Fireside
    No. 1 Party Anthem
    She's Thunderstorms
    Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
    Fluorescent Adolescent
    Encore:
    One for the Road
    I Wanna Be Yours
    R U Mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

same set as it's always been then

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Looking for two tickets in the west somewhere if anybody knows anybody with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 zvseire

How much is beer at the concert anybody now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

zvseire wrote: »
    How much is beer at the concert anybody now?

read the other day its 6 yoyo for a pint or probably close to a pint and same for a wine

• Registered Users Posts: 38 zvseire

salmocab wrote: »
    read the other day its 6 yoyo for a pint or probably close to a pint and same for a wine

****in hell, is that a pint.of wine 2 haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

salmocab wrote: »

€6 for a prepoured pint of Heinekin (apparently), no idea on the wine prices.

Would arriving at like 3/3.30 be time enough to get close to the barrier?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EoinHeinz

I plan on getting up at 3.30 and I'd like to have a few drinks before. But obviously by the time Alex and Co come on I'll be quite sober unless I plan on going all out on 6 quid pints (not ideal). So would anyone who's been up there before have any idea about a good way to sneak a bit of drink in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

crouching tiger hidden naggin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I was at Arcade Fire and security was very strict. Bags searched and pat downs.

Also, pints are indeed €6. Only Heineken.

What time do you think Arcade fire will play at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 EoinHeinz

how bad are the pat downs? I presume they don't go right up your leg that'd be a bit creepy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement