Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Peoples saying this is cheap.. AM are incredibly meh live.. Like boring almost.. Almost 70 Quid is very dear..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RichTea123

Very excited about this, has the potential to be a brilliant day!

Love Arctic Monkeys, love Jake Bugg, I like the few songs i have heard from Miles Kane! Are Royal blood good? I need to check out their songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

RichTea123 wrote: »
    Very excited about this, has the potential to be a brilliant day!

Love Arctic Monkeys, love Jake Bugg, I like the few songs i have heard from Miles Kane! Are Royal blood good? I need to check out their songs!

Royal Blood are frigging amazing. I'm more excited to see them than the other 3.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Will this sell out quick? Won't be back in the country until sunday evening

Nope , you will have plenty of time to get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

How are AM in anyway "meh" on stage?? superb live act, not mad about miles kane but enjoyed him at the picnic last year pretty sure he was the first act I watched that weekend.

I'll probably be paying this a visit anyway, gonna be a busy summer as far as going to gigs and festivals is concerned! :D

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    How are AM in anyway "meh" on stage?? superb live act, not mad about miles kane but enjoyed him at the picnic last year pretty sure he was the first act I watched that weekend.

I'll probably be paying this a visit anyway, gonna be a busy summer as far as going to gigs and festivals is concerned! :D

Seen then twice, seemed Turner would rather be anywhere than on that stage..

Two of the most boring gigs i've ever been to, but i may go to this for Jake Bugg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think they are pretty good live, but its a matter of opinion I suppose. I saw them at picnic and really enjoyed it. The reason Miles Kane is always supporting them is because him and Alex are good friends, they were in The Last Shadow Puppets together. I quite like his music too so I'm happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Last time I saw AM was at The Ambassador supporting Maximo Park before their debut album even came out. They were brilliant that night, i'm sure other people from here were at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Amazing band live, I've seen them 3 times in various sized venues, all cracking gigs. Just because Alex Turners doesn't interact that much with the crowd doesn't make them a poor live act.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I've been waiting far too long to see them live, can't wait. :D

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    Amazing band live, I've seen them 3 times in various sized venues, all cracking gigs. Just because Alex Turners doesn't interact that much with the crowd doesn't make them a poor live act.

I know that, I just never really felt he cares much about beoing opn stage/sounds as good as he could..

Only my opinion though, and I'll probably still end up giving them money to seem them if not here then at reading:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

bennyl10 wrote: »
    I know that, I just never really felt he cares much about beoing opn stage/sounds as good as he could..

Only my opinion though, and I'll probably still end up giving them money to seem them if not here then at reading:)

That's just the way he is, comes across like that in interviews as well. I don't think he takes himself seriously, hence the buddy holly inspired character he's channeling lately on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

I can see how they can be quite boring to some people but to be honest they've been like that from early times but the tunes and the crowds carried them so to speak. For me it was only until Humbug came out in 2009 that their live weaknesses became apparent. Good album but in they live shows they seemed to do their best to kill any momentum through bad setlists and alternative versions of older songs to 'fit' the darker sound. Thankfully they still produce great stuff that can guarantee a great set so I really look forward to this and hopefully it's sunny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

€70 to see an impersonator ?? bit much considering :rolleyes: the twat ruined me going to see artic monkeys atall now :mad:

I will admit that the new album is very good , You can really feel the Josh Homme/Queens influences coming out . As people have said royal blood could be a big hit next year and Miles Kane was great at EP and hopefull just as good in the Academy in March

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I will admit that the new album is very good , You can really feel the Josh Homme/Queens influences coming out . As people have said royal blood could be a big hit next year and Miles Kane was great at EP and hopefull just as good in the Academy in March

Homme's backing vocal on Knee Socks is amazing. It's crazy how something that is just a backing vocal can just nail a song!

Humbug, which I loved and everyone seemed to hate, is basically Arctic Monkeys doing a QOTSA impression!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Homme's backing vocal on Knee Socks is amazing. It's crazy how something that is just a backing vocal can just nail a song!

Humbug, which I loved and everyone seemed to hate, is basically Arctic Monkeys doing a QOTSA impression!

Yea i felt Humbug was them trying to impersonate Queens way to much , while AM is good balance of Queens influence with Arctic Monkeys themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

threein99 wrote: »
    It will be closer to 70 with the booking fee.
    Yep, it will be the standard 61.50 plus 6.25 (usual service charge)

it says 61.50 inclusive of booking fee on the posters?

the 6 quid isn't booking fee, it's ticketmasters processing fee.
    ticket will be approx 68

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

9am a terrible time for ticket sales for anyone working. I know it's standard enough but why not 8?

Anyone any idea how long these will take to sell out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I doubt it will sell out.

If Arcade Fire and the Pixies can't sell out Marley Park for their gig this year then I doubt Arctic Monkeys will.

I might give this a miss. I was at Electric Picnic last year and saw AM and Miles Kane so it'll probably be the same sets again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

This always surprises people. All tickets include booking fee but never include the Ticketmaster SERVICE CHARGE/PROCESSING FEE which can range from 3.00-6.25Eur depending on the gig. This will be one of those 6.25Eur events I'm afraid.
    9am a terrible time for ticket sales for anyone working. I know it's standard enough but why not 8?

Not expecting this to sell out for awhile being honest. It could very well sell out by mid June depending on what exact capacity is set (30,000 - 35,000 - 40,000).

If we get a summer similar to last year, then any remaining tickets will be snapped up in the week before.

And, if this does sell out quickly. Extra tickets will be released 1-2 weeks before the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A V A wrote: »
    €70 to see an impersonator ?? bit much considering :rolleyes: the twat ruined me going to see artic monkeys atall now :mad:

Who are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cat_layday

lads, are marlay real strict when it comes to your age and gigs?

cat_layday wrote: »
    lads, are marlay real strict when it comes to your age and gigs?

well i mean it's 16s.. so i wouldnt look about 10..

if you look in/around 16 you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I guess the idea is that people will generally be leaving for work by 8, so people that start at 9 would be at their desk, and getting in a half hour early for people starting at 9:30 isn't to hard. Starting at 8 might mean people getting in late for work. People being early for work isn't a problem.
    Obviously it doesn't suit everyone, but should be workable for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Love their first album and the new album is class too. Few good tracks from the middle albums. I still think €60/70 is a bit pricey.

Ticketmaster can really got **** off . shower of *****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

To the lads giving out about the price, it's really simple, don't pay it.

I, on the other hand, am paying it just to see Jake Bugg.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

For a big gig like this, a quality line up and the day out, I happen to think the price is decent. It's a pretty standard price IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Having seen Arctic Monkeys a fair few times and Jake Bugg in November, I think the price is spot on. Also believe that this could sell out a lot quicker than you may think as AM are a lot more popular than Arcade Fire!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement